Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[highlight]Exercise Rules:[/highlight] Like everything there must be rules ;)

This is not meant in anyway to slander, malign or downgrade cars chosen for the exercise. If you recognize your car and do not want it to be used please immediately contact me and it will be removed!!!

Steps have been taken to hide the identity (if I even know it) of the car and its owner. The purpose of this exercise is to demonstrate your knowledge of but the particular car and your ability to apply a set of standardized rules. In short and opportunity to tune up our judging skills in the “off season”.

I plan on posting a couple of cars ever two weeks (for a while as long as it does not become too big of a task). Dates for request participation, viewing pictures and deadlines for completed forms will be outlined in each exercise announcement.

ALL responses should be sent to me PM and would ask that any direct posting of “I see this and that” be removed from the original post. Just don’t do it. If we need to discuss specific details, but not the specific car, that can be asked on a different/new thread.

If you have problems seeing the details in the posted pictures, simply right click and save them to a temporary directory or desktop on your computer – then zoom in to your hearts content.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Here is how I believe the process will go.

1- Request participation - Send me a direct email – PM will not handle the documents- its in my profile ;)

The topic of you email must be - JUDGING PRACTICE (followed by what ever practice you are participating in)

- You will receive a Word file with general areas and point assignment - because of copyright issues I can not simply cut and paste current MCA rules or judging sheets in their complete form.

2- Once you receive the file by email and link to the picture files, view the pictures associated with the exercise and complete form. Just that easy.

- Base your deductions on what you can see and remember that the car always gets the benefit of the doubt... REMEMBER all points are deductions from the standard.

- This exercise is not about what is right or wrong but what you would deduct at an MCA show applying current MCA rules

- Limit yourself to a maximum of fifteen minutes a section ( engine compartment, interior ,….) In this way you will be replicate what you will be asked to do at a show (you will likely have less time that that)

3- Email me back the completed form.

- Once you submit a set of practice sheets do not attempt to submit a correction or additional sheets.

I will attempt to compile all the input and distribute it back to you so you can see what others saw and how your deductions fell in comparison with others.

We will see how this develops and we hope that all participants find value and experience from doing so. Have fun

DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS THREAD

Watch for announcements below.

·
Registered
6,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
[highlight]ONLINE JUDGING PRACTICE #1[/highlight]

Interested participants must submit their email request (following rules) by Jan 16th @ 9:00 PM PST

Completed forms must be received by email by Jan 21th @ 9:00 PM PST

Remember this is just for fun.... and learning. Gppd luck

This weeks vehicles

Car - #65a
Request JUDGING PRACTICE 66a if you are interested
6R07A123456 entered in Concurs Driven

Door tag info
5R07A202888
BODY------COLOR-----TRIM----DATE----DSO----AXLE----TRAN
65A------------8--------------26-------26Q------74---------1---------6

Car - #68a Request JUDGING PRACTICE 68a if you are interested
8F01C123456 entered in Concurs Driven

Door tag info
8F01C123456
BODY------COLOR-----TRIM----DATE----DSO----AXLE----TRAN
65C------------U------------8UA------14M------34--------2---------W

[highlight]READ AND FOLLOW THE RULES[/highlight]..... HAVE FUN

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Jeff, I hate to post on this thread (because you specifically said NOT to), but I've been unable to find your email address. I looked under your profile, with no luck. HELP!

·
Registered
6,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks....don't know why Bob's heading of public email does not appear in the public profile. Hmmmm

My profile now shows my email address where my FULL NAME is shown

·
Registered
6,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For those of you that participated in the first round I'm trying to put together a response to each group rather than individually (that could take some time)

Ran into a snag ... .got jury duty for three weeks so I'm trying to make this all work. Will try and post pictures for round two (gluten for punishment) later this week

·
Registered
6,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
To everyone that has or wanted to participate in the exercises I been forced (been stuck on jury duty for four weeks and it looks like it will continue) to postpone the exercises until the fall. :shrug:

It was a good idea, I think, and we had good participation in the first two exercises (believe we had about two dozen responses to two beginner exercises)

At this point (with the busy season upon us all) I need to focus on responding back to those earlier responses and get some promised work done.

I apologize for the disappointment and hope each of you understand

Until later ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts