Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who makes white vinyl upholstery for a July 1964 1/2 Mustang. I need seat covers and door panels. NPD says that have white "pearl" for 8/64 and newer. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
9,022 Posts
NPD carries TMI, Mustangs Unlimited carries Distinctive. Order Both, Return which you Don't like..

You have no other options as noone else produces repro interiors, Other than a few Private upholstery shops that are now making "Real Leather" standard interiors!!..and that woud cost you a small fortune.....and Vinyl is what was originally used anyway
. There are only (2) Original "Real leather" interior '65 Mustangs that were made (known). Both cars still exist today, are both in excellent condition, especially their interiors. They were both made for Ford Excutives by the Ford Design Group.

Tony K.

There is your answer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you ever find the correct vinyl seats. I also have a 64.5 (July) and my original seats are not the same shade as the samples from TMI.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Any one try SMS fabrics in Oregon? They had a different shade of ivy gold that matched better than what the repro shops have...They also carried the hounds-tooth interior for the late 70's Corvettes that no one else carries as well.

·
(actually Slim Jr now)
24,597 Posts
Any one try SMS fabrics in Oregon? They had a different shade of ivy gold that matched better than what the repro shops have...They also carried the hounds-tooth interior for the late 70's Corvettes that no one else carries as well.
So are you suggesting finding a vinyl you like and then getting sat TMI to make you covers with it? That's done sometimes with comfort weave.

To be real. Carpet and vinyl color varies by dye lot. The material isn't like paint mixed with a formula to a precise color. There's a lot in the process for plastics and yarns that affects color. It's not dyed once it's done.

On many products intelligent designers use 2 or 3 different shades of a color avoiding the uniform color painted room look.

Notice most late model cars have maybe 2 interior color choices and in many cases the entire interior is made by one company.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts