Hello all.

Looks like we have a solid date set with our host, Anderson Bros. Ford in
Berwyn! 6539 W Ogden (708-795-7900)

Danny Simanek is the Senior Mechanic in their service department, and he has
arranged with the owner, Mr. Anderson, to allow us the FREE use of the dealer's
4 service bays beginning at 8:30 AM on Saturday July 31 2004. The time in the
service bay is free, and Danny's time will be free. Use of their tools will be
free. They are planning on having it open to us until at least noon, but may
extend it into the afternoon if we are busy.

Parts will be available for sale to the club at a 20% discount. Please call
the dealer ahead of time if you know you need something. You should give them
at least a few days to get stuff in for you. You are free to bring your own
parts and tools too.

They would like to have a head count too, so even if you have already responded,
please reply to this thread with the following info:

Will you be there?
Will your Mustang be there?
Will you want to do some work on your Mustang? (If so - what?)

I had heard that some type of food will be provided. But no details on that
yet. Being that this is the first time we are trying this, I'm sure the way
it's organized will change over time.

The dealer would like to do this on a regular basis, but we have to keep the
interest level high enough to make it worth it.

What they get out of it is: The club members will be introduced to the
dealership and the service department. And hopefully the sight of old cars in
their lot will draw attention to the service department from passing traffic.
Finally - it sounds like Danny and Mr. Anderson are car guys at heart, and
just want to enjoy having the old Mustangs around too.

So lets do it! It sound like a great idea to me!

-Zim

See less See more
#3 ·
Sorry Paul.

I wish is was sooner too. I don't know why they didn't know sooner, but
the owner and a big manager are supposedly out of town on the 17th, so they
asked Danny to move it to the 31st.

Hopefully we can take care of your exhaust at some point though...

-Zim

#4 ·
Cool. I wasn't going to be able to make it on the 17th but the 31st will work for me.

The 8 inch rear in my 70 coupe is leaking at the pinion seal so this will be a great oportunity to fix it. I already have the seal. I'm not sure if I need any other parts to make the repair. I've never worked on a differential before so hopefully someone there will be able to guide me. I'll bring my service manuals along.

Perry

#8 ·
Hi Everyone,

First time posting here...

I would love to come out, since I just bought my car back in May and have lots of things I am working on. I am desperate need of rebuilding the power steering cylinder and changing the transmission pan gasket. Not sure if this would be a great place for it since I haven't rebuilt a power steering cylinder before and I don't want to eat up time on the lift. But all the same, would like to come out and meet everyone.

Thanks!

#9 ·
I don't see why not. The worst that can happen is that we don't get to
it and we do it somewhere else. I did mine in my garage with the help of
Gene and Shaummy. Should be easy either way.

-Zim

#10 ·
Zim,Me and my brother{67GTA} will be there with cars but not to work on.Maybe a few questions to ask the master mechanic. This is a great idea and hope that it works for the club. My brother made a comment that maybe Anderson could move some vehicles so our Mustangs could be seen from Ogden and bring in some curious customers.

#11 ·
...maybe Anderson could move some vehicles so our Mustangs could be seen from Ogden and bring in some curious customers.
Westfield Ford in Countryside was more than willing to lend me a hand during my 64.5 'vert rebuild in exchange for me parking it in their front window. This goes back 15 years or so, but the mechanics had fun poking around and tweaking and the sales team saw it as a customer magnet. Sure worked for me!

John.

#14 ·
It was quite possibly, the coolest meeting we've had yet in
the 2.5 years we have been doing this!

I got my brake problems figured out, we had 2 cars get timing
adjusted, a differential pinion seal changed, U joints, wheel
bearings, rear shocks, emergency brake cable brackets, and I'm
sure more that I already forgot.

Here is the link to the photos that Randy took.

http://www.technoid.com/mustang/vmf/

I will add more when I get a chance next week.

Thanks again go out to Bob Anderson, and Danny Simanek over
at the dealership. They gave out a bunch of prizes too
(posters, hats, 2005 Mustang brochures, and a couple of cool
die cast models)

The plan is to try it again in October. The weekend of October
8-9-10 is bad for me, but the others are all open at this point.

Thanks for the great turnout guys! Days like this are what
this club is all about!

-Zim

#15 ·
Looked like it was a great meeting today there. I wish I could have attended but had some family maters to take care of today. I hope to make it to the next one as all my cars can use some kind of work done to them. The pics look great also and they did a fine job of taking some cool ones.

#17 ·
I completely agree with Jason: this was a fantastic experience that epitomizes the purpose of this club. Thank you Jason for organizing this terrific event. I also would like to thank Bob Anderson for letting us overrun his dealership. :) Obviously, he is passionate about cars, his family business, and our hobby. The tour of the facilities was a nice end to the event.

Everyone at Anderson Ford was extremely helpful and enthusiastic. I would like to offer special thanks to Danny Simanek (Senior Master Technician) and John Smulski (Service Manager), both of whom spent considerable time working on my car. (One other mechanic also was very helpful, but unfortunately, I forgot his name.) These guys were great!!!

In the end, I learned a great deal about my car, met some great guys at Anderson Bros Ford, and had a blast.

Thanks to all!

#18 ·
Those guys are great!

Danny made it all look so easy! I learned a lot just hanging out!

Danny also mentioned that many of us had leaky shifter shafts on the side of our C4 automatic trannys. He suggested we all line the cars up on the lifts at one meeting and do them all together. This would involve removing the pan, draining the trans fluid, removing the valve body, replacing the seal on the shifter and reassembling the trans.

The parts place across the street has a pan gasket which is reusable, made of rubber-steel-rubber that does not leak. We need the seal the dealer carries and about 3 quarts of Type F fluid will also be needed. With him around I think we could do it!

Maybe for a meeting next spring?

#19 ·
Being my first meeting, I was a little shy. I was more than a little dazzled. It got to the point that speaking wasn't an easy chore around all those sweet cars and knowledgeable folk. Honestly it really was easier to just shut my mouth and soak in the surroundings. Mr. Anderson was great. Danny and his team were superior to most mechanics I've dealt with, they really treated the club members as equals and talked with us accordingly. And, John was a knowledgeable host. I should have come in work boots and grubby clothes. I intended to help out, but there was more than enough to go around. I learned a lot from Perry's pinion repair, Zim's break fix and Gene's carb. I spent a lot of time wandering back and forth real fast as Gene's car and Zim's were on the lifts at the same time. I'll post even more pictures when I get them uploaded to my web space. When we do this again, I think I'll bring my 4100 in for a rebuild just to make sure it's done right!

Thanks Zim!

#22 ·
Your wife called me and told me of your condition...boy you sure get excited about Mustangs! :p I'm glad you're doing fine now. Please do not worry about the pumpkin swap, we will wait and reschedule it when you are ready.

#23 ·
Just wanted to let everyone know that I had a great time last Saturday. Sorry for monopolizing the lift. Replacing the pinion bearings took longer than I expected. If your reading this Danny, THANKS! I coudn't have done it without your expert guidance. Next time I will leave my car in the lot so I can spend some time meeting everyone.

Perry

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.