Vintage Mustang Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

June's Ride of the Month Competition

5K views 13 replies 14 participants last post by  jkherd 
#1 ·
Welcome to the June's Ride of the Month Competition!

THERE IS A TIE! VOTE IN THE THREAD'S POLL TO PICK A WINNER FOR MAY!
VOTE HERE:
CLICK ME

Please follow all instructions posted below

1. You must add 3 Photos; no more, no less. NO Collages. Pictures must be of the current state of your vehicle. Avoid having any people in your images.
  2. List any/all Legal Modifications to your vehicle if you have done any.*
  3. The vehicle must be yours. Vehicles waiting to be purchased may not be included
  4. Include a short description of your favourite aspect of your vehicle, or your favourite memory or ride taken with your vehicle*
  5. Votes for the month’s winner will be tallied by the number of “Likes” your post has on the last day of the month. The winner at the end of the month will win a free 1 Year Premium Membership for the forum and a custom flair under their username. If the winner is already a premium member, their subscription will be extended an additional year.
  6. Remember, please post your entries and pictures in this thread.
  7. If you have won in a previous month, you can no longer enter for the rest of the year. However, if you have a second car that meets the above criteria, you can enter that.

* These are optional but encouraged

We look forward to seeing your rides!

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Here is my Mustang. It has a 289, dual glass pax and excellent turn down exhaust. I drive it every time I can and never really want to stop.
Had it 1 year and put 5k on it. Auto. manual steer, manual drums and I love the feeling of connection, and the sound.

My dog says "Lets go Daddy" (trying for dog lover vote)

Driving off into the sunset with my wife and dog.

My dog has passed on recently, so that will be her last trip with us but good times and a good baby! (sympathy vote)

Hey cant blame me for pandering I need all the help I can get there's some bad a$$ rides here!

#3 ·
1. 1966 Mustang 2+2 / 4 Speed toploader / with a 1971 Ford 302
2. I replaced the worn out front and rear suspension, to include the leaf springs. Installed the correct tail shaft housing and Added a Hurst competition plus shifter. Replaced the spark plugs and assembled new plug wires. Removed the old worn out radiator and the belt driven fan, installed new aluminum radiator along with wiring up an 16” electric fan. New valve covers, and 4” air cleaner filter. The Space your face sticker is a homage back to when times were simpler, cars weren’t space ships, hot rods were built by friends in their backyards and gas was leaded!
3. The car is mine.
4. What’s there to say it’s a 66 fastback! This is my first classic car. what I love about this car is the lines, from the front to the back all the curves and dips that create that sleek finish, looks like she’s going 100 mph sitting still. I am so thankful we found each other.

#4 ·
  1. Just pulled out of storage my 1968 S code 4 speed GT fastback, when I got it 41 years ago for $900 and its been in storage for about 36 years. The 390 was long gone when I got it. Now it has a M code 351 with aluminum Shelby intake, a 650 Holly and had a bunch of porting done, It also has an over the counter ford cam which is the hydraulic version of a 289 hipo cam...changed the firing order to make it work. Much of the interior is out of a 1969 Mach 1 including comfort weave high backs console and rim blow steering wheel. It has been lowered all around and has a rear sway bar added.
  2. I remember getting a ticket test driving the car 50 in a school zone I think.....As a 17 year old I put a row of aluminum toggle switches in the console. One to the electric fuel pump, one to the ignition circuit and my favorite one .... to the back up lights to get people off my tail when I was starting off up a hill. Rev the engine, turn on the back up lights and gave them a heart attack! For graduation my parents had the rear quarters put on and the car painted for me. The work was done by a collision shop so it started rusting again almost immediately.
  3. Looking forward to doing the body work and floors right this time and fix anything else 17 year old me cut corners on! Frame is very solid for a northern car.

#5 · (Edited)
I'm behind in the May runoff, so here we go again.

This is my 1969 Shelby GT350. I rebuilt/restored it to look as it did in 1969.

Build and mods include:
Factory 1969 351w block, .060 over
Factory Aluminum Shelby dual plane intake
Holley HP 4150 vac secondary 750cfm carb
Eagle Street/Strip stroker rotating Assembly:(Kit)
*414 ci @ 9.4:1 compression
*.060 bore x 4.0 stroke
*Hypereutectic Aluminum D dish piston w floating pins
*Plasmamoly rings
*Cast Steel crank, 28oz balanced
*Forged Steel 5140 I-Beam rods
Comp Cams Magnum 280H Cam: (Kit)
*Gross Valve Lift .512
*Duration @ .006 Tappit Lift 280/280
*Duration @ .050 230/230
*Lobe Lift .3200
*Lobe Separation 110
*Valve Springs 972-16
*Comp Cam roller tip 1.6:1 rockers
Stock Cast 351w heads port matched both intake and exhaust, egr bumps removed, SS valves
JBA Shortys Titanium Ceramic 1 5/8" primary to 2.5" flange
JBA H Pipe, 2.5"
Aluminized factory style exhaust w/dual resonators, single transverse muffler all in 2.25"
Pertronix Ignitor III MSD ignition inside the stock distributor
Pertronix Flame Thrower II 45kv oil filled coil
FMX trans, fully rebuilt with new frictions, steels and bands. B&M Trans kit.
TCI 2300 Stall converter
Stock Ford 9" 3.0 28 spline Traction Lock.
17" Legendary GT9 rims with Nitto G2 rubber Front: 235/45ZR17 Rear: 245/48ZR17
Opentracker upper and lower control arm full roller & box kits (stealth install)
Opentracker roller idler arm
Lower shock tower Dog Bones
Traction Master Underride traction bars
Paint: Nason by Dupont. A white base with Ford "Candy Apple Red", all topped with a clear coat.

#6 · (Edited)
Alrighty, I’ll throw my car in..

‘68 Coupe
-347ci using a late model 5.0 block from a ‘95 F150
-Scat steel stroker crank, and stud girdle
-Forged con rods, hypereutectic pistons
-~10:1 compression
-750 mech sec carb
-Edelbrock rpm airgap manifold
-Hyd Roller cam (227i/234e @.050”; .520” i/e, 112 LSA)
-Patriot Performance 185cc alum heads
-Comp roller rockers
-MSD billet distributor and 6AL box
-Be Cool alum radiator with 17” electric fan
-Export Brace
-Monte Carlo Bar
-Global West subframe connectors
-FPA long tube headers
-Flowmaster Super 50 mufflers
-Centerforce DF clutch
-Cable actuated clutch
-T5 trans
-3” driveshaft
-9” diff, 3.70 trac-loc, explorer disc
-13”x1.25” SoT front brakes, with ‘70 spindles
-Wilwood 1” MC (non-power)
-EPAS
-TCP R&P
-SoT Upper control arms
-GW lower control arms
-SoT strut rods
-620 coils with a whole coil cut
-QA1 single adjustable shocks all around
-4.5 leaf “grab a track” mid eye leaf springs
-Maier racing panhard bar (1st gen)
-17x7 and 17x8 VWW V45 wheels
-Scat Procar seats
-3pt seat belts
-Lecarra wheel
-Autometer gauges
-Complete rewire from AAW, battery in trunk
-Maier Racing Shelby style hi rise hood
-R model front valance

I think that’s it…

I have had this car for 20 years, purchased this same month back in 2001, right after I joined the Army.

When I got the car, it was the same shade of blue, but more metallic, and the interior was blue. It had a tired 289, with a 480 cfm carb and performer 289 intake. C4 automatic with a burned out 2nd gear, and 2.79’s in the 8in pumpkin with drum brakes all around. Every piece of rubber was rotted to hell, but the metal was clean. Only minor rust under the battery tray.

I’ve learned so much from having this car…. Most of it thru trial and error. And those trials (and errors) still get me to this day. But, I wouldnt have it any other way.

The bulk of the work to get the car mostly to where it is today took about 4 years. But for almost half the time (about 8 years total) that I have owned the car, it was non-running. My lowest point with the car came from a bonehead move, where I wired the MSD distributor incorrectly to the ignition box. Car ran, but would backfire and mis like crazy. Took me 3 months to figure it out. In that time, I spent every free moment trying to figure out what in the world was wrong… changing timing, carb tuning, plug changes… nothing. It got to a point where I felt like maybe working on cars was not for me, because I could not figure it out. Right before I went to put it up for sale, I found my wiring problem.

Crisis. Averted.

I’m really the only person in my family who is in to classics, and while at first it sucked, I now look at it as something for me only. Although, some of my best friends (like 2 people) LOVE classics, so it’s a good thing to share with them.

Great car, great memories, and yeah. I talk too much, and I type too much.

TL;DR- this guy loves his car a lot and has a lot of neat stuff done to it.

Sent from the interwebs... where else?

#7 ·
I'm brand new to the forum and want to share my 1965 Ford Mustang 6cyl. I've owned her for about 4 years and kept her warm in the winter and short drives on sunny summer days. Pretty much original an older restoration from 1997 I'm the 3rd owner. 200cu. Auto 1bbl. Looking forward to having more time to beef up ma baby.
Right now I enjoy the ride with the small steering wheel and loud glass pack that reminds me of the old high school days in the mid 70's racing up and down BlueRidge Blvd in our hot rods. This is my 3rd pony and looking to add a fastback or a 67 Cougar. Just having fun right now and enjoying the fond memories of my youth.

#9 ·
I am 20 years old, a sophomore in college, and I bought my 1967 coupe in August 2020. This was my first car to buy myself, and I couldn't be happier! When I found this car, I was looking for an F-150. However, I went and test drove an all original (and rusty!) Dark Moss Green 67 coupe, and I was hooked! This test drive was the first experience I had ever had with a vintage car. In high school, I drove a 95 Land Cruiser, and I thought that thing was ancient! After that test drive, I found my current coupe, a red 67 Mustang with a 289. The sound of these cars is my absolute favorite part. That special sound makes me smile every time I crank mine up, and it's my daily driver as well. I've got 26 years of paperwork, plus the original owners manual, wheel covers, and radio. I still keep all the original pieces I pull off. I absolutely love crawling under the car to look at all the places that "FoMoCo" is stamped. Below is a condensed version of what I know about the car. I plan on keeping this car for life! (And hopefully adding a few, er, a bunch more to the stable!)

1967 Ford Mustang Coupe
Original 289, originally a 2V, converted to a 4V Edelbrock
3 speed automatic, C4 transmission
Original color dark moss green, currently painted Ruby Micah
Previous owner had it since 95, garage kept and driven 7k miles since 1997. 110k original miles on the engine.
Black vinyl interior
Built February 9th 1967 in San Jose
Sold to Gerry R. and Edith U. Ziemer at Walker-Buerge Ford in Los Angeles on March 10th 1967
80,797th Mustang made that year

The second picture is after I took the Mustang for a few laps around Talladega Superspeedway.

The third picture is me, dressed up as Santa Claus, in the Christmas parade for a neighboring city.

Attachments

#10 ·
My 1970 Mustang Mach I, M-Code, 4-spd, rare color Medium Gold Metallic (1 of 646).

Mods include wheels, 5-spd, 3.90TL, LeCarrera steering wheel, LED lights, hidden aftermarket radio with Bluetooth, Vintage under ride bars, cam, Petronix, Torque intake with 750 VS carb, 2 1/2" Flowmaster exhaust, console gauges.

My favorite aspect is the rare color. I know there are others out there but I have yet to see another one.

Favorite memory: driving just over 800 miles this past weekend to attend the 2021 Ford Nationals in Carlisle!

Attachments

#11 ·
My Green New Deal!
70 Sportroof in 69" Silver Jade
351C 4V CC, Comp Cam XE274H, 10.5:1 comp, Fitech FI, FMX, Dakota Digital cluster, Vintage Air, Torque Thrust II Wheels w/ Nitto tires 275 35R 20 rear & 245 40R18 up front, 3:50 Detroit Lockers,
Me and my son drove 9 hours each way to bring her home!
Love the car community especially the Mustang community.
Thanks for looking!
Tire Wheel Vehicle Cloud Car
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Hood Light Vehicle Blue Car

#12 · (Edited)
Our 1967 Restored 289 2v. Car is as original as it can be. No Power modifications. Tried to keep it as stock as possible. The Color is not original as the wife did not want to go back to the Lime Gold so Dark Moss Green was the color choice. Added some personal touches like the C strip and white walls. Interior is original color scheme. Also used 5 Leaf springs instead of the 4 leaf springs to raise the rear a tad.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Sky
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Light Hood Automotive design
Car Gear shift Vehicle Speedometer Motor vehicle

#13 ·
Waouw, so many nice cars !!!! wonder of the jury is going to sort this out!!!

So here I go with my 1965 Fastback!!! Bought it on this forum a few months ago ...
  • C code
  • 4 speed manual transmission
  • Front disc brakes
  • Rack and pinion steering
  • Fully restored 10+ years ago, paint still looks very sharp and interior is immaculate !!!

A color change was done as it was originally red and as you can see it was fitted with a customized front grill and modern rims. Previous owned had it for a long time!

I drive it on weekends, mostly around town and to take my kids to soccer, they just absolutely love it! This is typically the highlight of my week and weekends!

Cruising very comfortably at 80 mph but will absolutely get a T5 WC in that baby soon (once my other mustang is sold and house project well advanced!)

Hope you guys will like it! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.