Vintage Mustang Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,860 Posts
Please don’t post, “Thanks”, 25 more times,....

·
Registered
787 Posts
Yeah...now we ALL know.
And knowing is half the battle. On a slightly more serious note, I find it interesting that these rules are different from forum to forum. I assume that this forum is run by Vertical Scope, is it has exactly the same layout as other forums that I'm on. I'm a mod on one of the others, so I know what the back room looks like, and I know that these things can be changed just by asking our VS rep. I'm just a little surprised the VS doesn't just have a standard setup. Is it 30 and 100 here to try to avoid spam bots?

·
Administrator
19,420 Posts
I would say it's the default or what someone decided those defaults would be when they set up this version of the forum and no one has monkeyed with it. Yet. A much older version of the forum had some more explicit custom titles some folks thought were amusing.
These particular post counts affect only the user titles and aren't part of the anti-spam arsenal.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Is member status really important? I can honestly say I've never looked to see what mine says. Although I have seen boards where those with the upper statuses thought they were more important than they really were. A couple of boards I frequent did away with them because they serve no purpose.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts