Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
64 1/2 D Code Coupe,
3,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today, I went to the junkyard for to get some nuts and bolts...much cheaper than the auto parts store. What I found was a 66 Mustang Coupe with a 289 2V C4 Tranny. The hood and trunk lid are beyond repair. It probably needs a whole new right quarter panel and the front frame rails need attention. But all the glass is good and it has Power Steering that doesn't show any signs of leaking and a tight steering column. Plus it has a bench seat in the front in good shape. I bought it for a song. I believe I am going to salvage the power steering and put it on my 64 1/2 along with the 16:1 steering column, probably have the steering box rebuilt just because. I was able to turn the engine by pushing on the fan belt and pulling up on the fan so the engine isn't frozen. Someone put a sunroof in it. I didn't look to see if it opens. I assume it doesn't. It also doesn't appear to leak judging from the interior. I could part it out. Other than the hood, trunk lidand front frame rails the rest looks pretty solid. It also came with a clear title. I haven't decided. what I will do after I swap out the power steering and steering box. It took me 7 years to finish my 64 1/2 coupe.

·
Registered
942 Posts
The bench seat is worth a couple of bucks right off hand, how about the doors? they are valuable!
What yard did you find the car in? (I'm up in Palm Bay-just north of you)

·
Premium Member
5,104 Posts
:worthless:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Vero wing,
There is a 68 at Mr Scrap on 45th Street , it is preety beat but it has been there for a while.
What are you looking for in parts ?

·
Registered
64 1/2 D Code Coupe,
3,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Vero wing,
There is a 68 at Mr Scrap on 45th Street , it is preety beat but it has been there for a while.
I bought the 66 from Mr Scrap. The 68 that is in Mr Scrap is still there but it's sold. It had a has a hypo engine in it. I believe that was a J code. The picture of the engine from underneath showing the balancer is the 68 Mustang. He sold the 68 for $600.

The 66 I bought is a C code. I have a clear title, the engine turns freely, the oil looks good, The carb throttle is frozen, but all the glass is good. I mainly bought it for the power steering setup and steering box to swap to my 64 1/2 muscle steering D code.

The doors need work or replacement, the floor pan is shot, but I intend to sell the remains after I get the parts off I want. I have a clear title to the car. Both a rolling chassis and a title should be worth something to someone.

Attachments

·
Registered
196 Posts
Thanks Haywired. Not looking for anything in particular, but always on the lookout for parts. My '67 project basically needs everything. Mike

Vero wing,

·
Registered
64 1/2 D Code Coupe,
3,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The interior looks pretty good.

So does that aftermarket side trim. ;)
The interior is in great condition, just need to clean it up a little. I may put the bench seat in my wife's 65 convertible if she likes it. I have a console in my coupe.

BTW where did you get the intake and exhaust for you 200 I6?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts