Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all, nice community you all have here. I've always loved the 64-66 Mustangs and I finally bought one about 18 months ago! I found a local 1965 C Code with factory pony package and factory front disc brakes. Within 4 weeks of getting it I had it all torn down and off to the body shop. I just started putting it back together a couple of months ago and thought I would share a few pictures.

Pre-Restoration:

Off to the body shop:

Lots of new parts waiting to be installed!:

Rebuilt Motor, original 289 with a mild performance cam and 4 barrel Edelbrock carb with performer 289 intake:

Finally got the windshield and backlight in last night, excuse the mess on the top of the car:

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
it looks the same to me.

just kidding man good work ! Going back to all original ?

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Looking good!!

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Very nice. What color did you go with?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the compliments!

Very nice. What color did you go with?
Don't hate me, but I actually had the car painted Milano Red which is a color common on certain models of mid 90's Honda Civics and Acura Legends. Most recently the color was used on the first generation Acura TSX and RSX. Honda brought the color back this year for the new CR-Z.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Hey, Its your car you have to like it. My car is Candy apple red a 66 color, originally a wimbleton white car.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the compliments! Here are a few more pictures; the front end is coming together. Still need to adjust some body panels for alignment:

Started sanding and polishing the paint! Here is a reflection of my phone in the fender:

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
It is beautiful. Scuffing and buffing time take paint to a whole other level.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Looks great. you are doing a fantastic job on the reassembly. You just gotta love a red mustang.:thumbsup:

·
7,014 Posts
Thanks for the compliments!

Don't hate me, but I actually had the car painted Milano Red which is a color common on certain models of mid 90's Honda Civics and Acura Legends. Most recently the color was used on the first generation Acura TSX and RSX. Honda brought the color back this year for the new CR-Z.
Looks great! The problem with "red" is there are about a million shades.

Does Milano Red require a tinted clear coat?

Phil

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Nice car. You probably want to change MC to a dual reservoir.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts