Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My '66 is driving me insain. Within a weeks time, my engine begins puffing white smoke (rings shot but sill run smooth), my front springs have just up and died on me (too weak), and one of my rear leafs just broke. My thought is if I should really fix the car or sell it. What do you think I can get for it? It's a 1966 blue coupe 6cyl with a 3speed manual paint ok with some poor body work. I am headed to college so it's going to sit for 10 months before I get to see it or work on it again. The car is not in good enough shape frame wise for me to keep it for another 5 years.

I guess I am at a loss, so many options and problems and no money to fix it.

I need some guidance

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If I were in your shoes, I would sell it. From what you describe, I wouldn't expect to get much for it. It is not a rare or valuable car, and the work you need to do can get expensive. Save your money, sell as is, and get out from under the car. A few years down the road you can look for another Mustang.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Unless you really, really love it - sell it.

If you think its worth the effort, fix it, otherwise your costly V8 conversion plan would be a waste of money IMHO.

Gary

1 - 3 of 3 Posts