Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The family went out to the SAAC 27 show today at Calif. Speedway and had a great time. I was initially shocked at the $25 entry fee just to look (espeically w/ the family of 5), but under 16 was free so 2 got for free at least). We looked around at all the cars first, took plenty of pics which I will be uploading soon, and basically drooled for a while /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif(well at least me and my dad). Then we looked around a couple of the garages and then hit the swap meet and picked up a bunch of NOS goodies. Then came the races: We got up in the stands when all of the Shelby stangs were lining up in the pits. When they fired up and took off and big smile formed on my face and never left /forums/images/icons/smile.gif. It was awesome to see 35 years of history roaring by at 150+ mph and thinking that this was happening back then too. After that was over we looked around some more at the cars and the concours line up. We found this one room that had about 10 absolutely awesome Shelby's of all years and I just kind of stared in awe /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif.
After watching all of these cars and the races, I'm dying to get out on the track in one of those! They are just simply beautiful and aweinspiring cars, and I can't imagine the grins on the drivers' faces the whole time. Didn't get to see anyone from VMF out there, but it was a truly awesome day. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
127 Posts
I was there too! Man what a day! Those shelbys are awsome. I still can hear them coming out of turn 4 screaming! $25.00 well spent IMHO

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wasn't that crazy though??? Man that was just incredible when those things flew by in the straightaway! One day I must have one haha.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
I went too - a great experience, even if it was, as you note, kinda expensive.

I had to smile upon noticing several of those very pricey Cobras with fresh "battle damage" Not terrible, mind you, but OUCH !!

Didn't buy anything from the vendors, but thought mighty hard about a Griffin rad I saw -

1 - 5 of 5 Posts