Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
Well, I just got the info back on having my Mustang appraised. I won't post specifics, but let's just say it was almost DOUBLE what I payed for it one year ago, and I have hardly changed anything on it. The guy was nice, fast, polite, and well worth the money. If anyone needs an appraiser in Southeastern Michgan, PM me and I will get you the info.

G

·
0 Posts
Appraisels are wonderful for the ego & the insurance companies. Bottom line is you can only sell it for what someone is willing to pay. My '65 appraised at $22,500 which we'll say is a tidy sum more than I paid for it. Can't give it away. People would rather have a restored car than a survivor... still fun though!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I know what you mean about selling it. I am not at all looking to sell thought, I got the appraisal strictly for insurance purposes. I could also care less personally of the actual value. I am happy with it as a car not a big metal dollar sign.

G

·
0 Posts
Good. You realize the limitations of an appraisal. I am a Certified jewelery appraiser. I give an opinion. That is all. My word is not Gospel. It is an informed opinion of an items worth for the prescribed purpose. I often have clients ask for a retail replacement value, then ask me to buy it for that amount. Aint gonna happen. The bottom line is; It's worth what someone will pay. Period.

JB

·
Registered
757 Posts
So you paid someone who probably doesn't know squat about an A code, C code or K code....looks up a value in a book...CPI, NADA...Old Cars Price Guide, and tells you what you want to hear. Contrary to your last post, you DO care what someone else thinks it's worth otherwise you would not post the original info in the first place!! No matter....I am what you would call a professional appraiser...although not on a retail level...my appraisals are backed by cash buying the cars and trade-ins of retail automotive customers. Enjoy your car and don't worry about the money, these old cars don't really depreciate.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
"So you paid someone who probably doesn't know squat about an A code, C code or K code....looks up a value in a book...CPI, NADA...Old Cars Price Guide, and tells you what you want to hear."

Well, actually...he is a collector of old Mustangs and other classic cars, with quite an inventory in his garage. He has had and still has very many rare Mustang's and travels all over the country to appraise other people Mustangs. So he does know a lot about them. Also, for your information, the reason I posted originally was to possibly help out other people in my area who are maybe looking for reference to a good appraiser. Did you ever think about that.

You know, I guess a lot of other on here are right. Too many pesimistic people who are only looking to damn other people's positive information for whatever reason it may be. I'm sorry that I even tried to share info on here, seems like all people do is slam others. Real nice! Didn't your mommy ever teach you, "If you have nothing nice to say, you shouldn't say anything at all?" Maybe I'll come back when all us grown-ups actually grow up.

G

·
0 Posts
I don't know about anyone else but I HAD to get an appraisal for my insurance. I was told if I didn't all they would do is replace the car at their discretion. At least with an appraisal I got enough coverage to get through & change it to a classic insurance company. I also agree I didn't get the car as a money trophy, I love the thing! If I ever made a dollar on an automotive investment my wife would die!

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Nate,
I'm glad you are happy with your appraised value. To me that is one of the most important things when owning a classic car, or anything you can not easily replace. This will help insure you will get fair treatment if anything were to happen to it. You have a terrific looking car. Enjoy it, and make sure you get the apprasial, along with photos, over to your insurance agent.

I'll be looking out for you on the street and at the local shows. I just won't park next to you.

I plan on going to the 'Mustang Memories' show in Livonia next month, Pm me if you are going, so I'll know to watch out for you.

Lastly, don't let 'boss1's' comments get to you. Everybody has got an opinon, I think you'll find the majority of them here will be respectful as well as helpful.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts