Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found seats from a '94 Mustang, gray leather. :: The base of the driver's side will have to be redone. If I can find the right material, I can have my Great Anute do it, she's good at that stuff.
I've done some reading and pretty much understand the pro's and con's to the track problem. I'll worry about that later. If I do stay w/the power seat, anybody have info you could send me to get the power hooked up?

Matt

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
my power seats only had 2 wires for the hot and the ground. I chose to remove the power and go with the original seat tracks for a few reasons.
1. power seat was 4 way-forward, back, up and down, but power assembly made driver seat higher than passenger seat.
2. going up was not an option as the seats were already taller than my original hi-backs, so up and down was useless unless you want your head to rub the headliner ( I am not tall)
3. fabrication of parts to get the power assembly to mate to seatriser.
4. using old seat tracks, I had both seats installed in an hour.
5. both seats sit evenly in car using old tracks
6.I did not want to bother with wiring the seat.
if you do use the power, use a fused supply for the hot wire, or get it off the fuse block, making sure it is on the fused side of the block. If you really want to use the power, I have another power assembly you could put on the passenger seat. Just pm me.
good luck, Todd P.

G

·
0 Posts
I'm interested in this too. coupster, if I lowered the seat pans as in the Mustangs Plus how-to, would I be able to use late power seats & have normal seat height? If still too high & I removed the motors, how do you 'set' the seating position w/o the motors?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts