Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, about midnight saturday night, I had to be taken into the Emergancy Room. I couldn't breath, and I had a tempeture of 102.5 degrees. I don't remember much, but I was in the Trauma section of the ER for 4 hours... I set the machine off twice... flat line. They resesitated me both times. Came to find out that little cough I was having was pnemonia, and I have an irregular heart beat... Not good. So I just got out, and Im on 8 or 9 different drugs.... off work and school till next tuesday. My arms are all bruised from all the neededs, and my left arm is really killing me, as I had that IV in it for 4 days. I got no sleep at all the whole time I was there.... except for that 5 or 6 hours I was passed out. Gotta go back in for more tests on my heart... hopefully I'll get some good news.

Just thought Id let everyone know where Ive been. ::

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Wow, that's scary. It's a good reminder that we need to pay close attention to all those little symptoms our body gives us. Glad to hear you're OK.

Lou

·
AKA Exchevman
5,383 Posts
Man, take care of your self and listen to the doctors, that is not somthing to take lightly. Get well soon

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
David,

Get well soon! My father just had open heart surgery to replace the aortic valve. He had surgery on Wed and was home on Saturday. Modern medicine is much better and I'm sure the docs can "fix" you right up!

Take care and keep us posted,

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Kudos to the Trauma team for keeping you with us! Glad to see you are back , but I agree, take it slow.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
David, I am glad to hear you made it through the rough part. As someone who experienced something similar a few years ago, I can bet it gives a new perspective on things... good luck, we are pulling for you.

Doug

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
Wow, glad you're okay! I had my own scare recently when I went into Anaphylatic shock over a fireant sting.

James

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Good grief!! Glad it's working out. It's just amazing how far along medicine has come. Take care, and listen to the physican!!
I'd hate to see Bob have to have a "lost members" area wher our next of kin can post our demise. Lets hope all of us can keep off that kind of list!!

·
Administrator
19,493 Posts
Hey, take it easy now! Glad you're better.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Glad your on the mend and still with us. You will be in my prayers. God Bless, Dawn

·
Registered
616 Posts
Holy crap and here we were giving you exercise and diet advice maybe pushed you over the edge with the added stress.

God I'm very glad your still around

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Glad to hear you didn't "kick the bucket" as you so gracefully put it :). Off until Tuesday? All kinds of time to work on the stang. All joking aside, glad to hear that you are okay.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts