Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Yes, Hal had a very good "tutorial" on installing the intake on a V8. However, this post was about an exhaust manifold on an I6, so the post you referenced is not applicable. The intake on an I6 is integral with the head.

I do have one request. The signature pic of your beautiful car (and SWMBO) is so wide, that one needs to use the bottom scroll bar to read any thread you have posted to. It would be helpful if you could reduce the width just an inch or so. Thanks.

·
Registered
9,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just slid the gasket on. I didn't use any adhesive or epoxy. It held up perfectly for the eight months that I drove the car with the headers.
Thats what my dad and I did. It's hard to get everything lined up perfectly. We took out the starter and the metal tube that goes into the intake (can't find the the proper name). With these out, the headers went in fine. We got it bolted in somewhat. I have to get the alignment right tomorrow.

Thanks,

Justin

·
Registered
127 Posts
Justin, what headers are you using and where did you get them? I'm planning on getting some in a month or so. Taking out the starter was a good idea, getting it BACK IN will be lots of fun (yeah right).. Martin

·
Registered
9,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Martin,

I haven't talked to you in a while. Your Stang is awesome. ::

I ordered headers from Mike at Ford Six Performance Parts. I ordered the headers already Jet-Hot Coated for $385.00. The total cost including shipping from AZ to PA was $415.00. If you install headers, you must install a port divider. Get it from Clifford Performance.
When you order online, the shipping charges will be very high (unless the problem has been fixed). I called Clifford, and they said it was a problem with the webpage. All shipping charges are fixed when the order comes through. Shipping charges from CA to PA was about $6.00.

Taking out the starter was a good idea, getting it BACK IN will be lots of fun (yeah right)..
I hate the starter...I have taken it out 3 times since I got the Mustang. Evertime I try to install the starter, it gives me trouble. Tomorrow I get to install the starter with the header in the way... ::

Justin ::

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I trimmed them a bit, hope that helps.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
FROM FAQ: We ask that you keep your images relatively small. As a rule, please do not exceed 125 x 600 pixels and/or 35k for a signature image. This will ensure that the forums load quickly for all users.
Don't mean to gripe, but that is what Bob has asked. Your sig pic runs nearly 59k in size. There are others here that chose to ignore his request, even after being reminded. So, I just ignore them. :) If running Windows, you can right click on the pic, then click properties, to see what the size is. Those of us with dialup appreciate smaller pics. Mine is borderline on size, and I probably should shrink it up a bit, as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts