Vintage Mustang Forums banner

Just joined

881 views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  Huntingky 
#1 ·
Hello everyone I'm new here my name is dave and recently bought a 69 convertible 302. But soon realized that there isn't much of it that good. I started buying parts and am going to treat it as a new build.im definitely gonna need some help

#2 ·
Welcome

You have come to the right place. There is loads of information here that a quick search will reveal.

Post some pics of you ride when you can.

Also update your location as it helps when you post questions related to to your area.

#4 ·
Welcome to the VMF.

#6 ·
... But soon realized that there isn't much of it that good. ...

What is it that is not much good? Floors rusted out, rear quarters welded on badly? Frame bent? We have been though it all here and many have come out of it with some pretty nice cars.

Photos of what you have please!

#7 ·
Floor rusted out, front rails gone, rear rails gone, trunk gone . And much more. I saved the rear seat support the windshield frame and the rear convertible tray. Also the fenders and the cowl cover. I already have new inner and outer rockers, floor pan, trunk pan, and rear frame rail here ready to go I'm working on building some sort of jig.

#9 ·
Welcome to VMF. This group is great for advice, suggestions, encouragement, etc. I rely on this group for the help keeping my car going and with new projects. I also have a 1969 convertible with a 302. Good luck with your project. It’s worth it in the end. Looking forward to seeing photos.

#10 ·
So I may have Jump the gun and I started Welding the rear frame rails to the trunk bed I measured everything out before I started Welding and it looks good and I also have the Shock support welded now I have started building a temp jig

Attachments

#11 ·
Dave, welcome to VMF. I am in the process of building a 69 Coupe from a bare shell since 2010. BTW where are you in north west NJ?. My wife & used to live in Warren county for 12 years before moving to southern NJ.

#14 ·
You are in a group that has seen just about everything, and from the looks and description, you are going to be doing just about everything...ha ha.

Besides the wealth of knowledge here, there is a lot of encouragement and peer pressure to keep you going. Just about time you start getting discouraged or sidetracked someone posts some pictures of their project and it makes you want to rally back to yours.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.