Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just moved and had to leave some of the larger part behind.
Rear fold down seat for 66 fastback
Front seats blue and white pony 66
Rear interior panels 66
Hood, kind-a rough with some kind of scope on it 66
Lots of hub caps for 14 inch wheels
Front fenders 66
Several AC compressors (still in the box, never used) 66
Rear seats for 85 and 93 GT
Lots more misc or don't recall right now, it had been a long weekend of moving

The house is unoccupied and will be torn down sometime soon including the unattached garage in the back. If you want any of these parts come get them. I will not ship and most likely will not be at the house. Most of the parts in the garage rafters.

If you know Houston, it is in West U. Go to mapquest or similar tool for directions
3610 Nottingham
Houston TX 77005

·
Registered
124 Posts
I live in Dallas, I could use most if not all of that stuff. It's almost uncanny how exact your list of spares matches my list of needs... Fenders, seats, etc.
Is it worth a day off of work? I think so.

Would it be acceptable to claim some stuff, if I said I could drive down on Friday? Ok, I know "claiming" usually doesn't go over to well here at the VMF

(Edit)
I'm just going to go ahead and say I'd like to come down Friday and pick up this stuff. Please let me know if it's still not available on Friday. Thanks!

Rear fold down seat for 66 fastback
Front seats blue and white pony 66
Rear interior panels 66
Hood, kind-a rough with some kind of scope on it 66
Front fenders 66
(one of) Several AC compressors (still in the box, never used) 66

-George Clark

·
Registered
124 Posts
So, I decided that the list of free parts matched my needed parts so well that I would drive to H-town on my lunch break. (4.5 hours one way) I was able to track down cam65fb's phone number (no, I'm not a professional stalker) and spoke to him about the chances of me driving from Dallas and still finding those parts in his garage.
He was very nice and eager to help me find directions to his old house where this treasure trove hung in the rafters. He was nice enough to even call me while I was on the road to see where I was and suggest that he might be able to meet me at his old house.
All along there was no guarantee that these parts would still be there and cam65fb said he would call me and tell me if the parts had been retreived while I was still on the road. So I drove 80mph down 45 to Houston waiting for that ominous 281 number to appear on my phone.
I got within, literally, one quater mile of the address on my mapquest printout and got the call. He got to the house to load up on some leftovers and make another trip and found the garage fairly cleaned out. (Ok, I'm staying calm, no guarantee, etc. etc.)

Whoever got there before me took everything, I mean everything. The early model seats, the late model seats, the fenders, the hood the interior panels and even some power tools which were left in a box on the floor. I was so disappointed.

I did, however, meet the guy who offered to give away all that great stuff. He admitted it was a little awkward that I was standing there and would drive back to Dallas empty handed, but he was very understanding. He offered that I take anything else I saw in his soon to be razed garage. But I decided that driving back with clay planters would be worse than driving back with nothing.

So, honestly, I knew there would be a slim chance of finding those parts still there... but I went anyway, and was close. Maybe next time.

(Anyone giving away fenders and a hood in the Dallas area? ::)

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Everything is gone, anyone can come by if you want to but there is not much left to take. I've had the opertunity to meet two great VMF'ers and wish I had something for them. Could the person how got everything send me a PM? Just curious.

Thanks

·
Registered
550 Posts
Not me! But if I find them being sold anywhere around here or on Ehay I'll suggest a donation to Bob from the proceeds!! Next trip down to Houston, stop by the Woodlands and I'll treat ya to a beer... ::

1 - 7 of 7 Posts