Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1968 coupe, 1968 vert, 1966 coupe
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, picked up a 68 convertible with a 289 automatic transmission a few weeks back things in pretty rough shape I mean rough I paid $350 for it haha...anyway I figured for that price how could you go wrong even if I mess around with doing some work on it trying to get it running and fixed up the only way I’ll come out is on top. It’s by no means in driving condition probably couldn’t even drag it but I figured I’ll probably put about 15-20k into it. I was looking for a all in project that I can get rlly involved in I mean I just enjoy working on these things. I also figured at this point in my life I have plenty of time space and and am fortunate enough to be able to afford a build like this that why not. I mean I’m halfway done with the body and sheet metal on my hardtop that while that’s at paint it’ll be something to work on. Anyway I just wanted to see what y’all think I would be able to get for that convertible after it’s in very good condition after I’m done with it. Thanks guys hope everyone’s well!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hey guys, picked up a 68 convertible with a 289 automatic transmission a few weeks back things in pretty rough shape I mean rough I paid $350 for it haha...anyway I figured for that price how could you go wrong even if I mess around with doing some work on it trying to get it running and fixed up the only way I’ll come out is on top. It’s by no means in driving condition probably couldn’t even drag it but I figured I’ll probably put about 15-20k into it. I was looking for a all in project that I can get rlly involved in I mean I just enjoy working on these things. I also figured at this point in my life I have plenty of time space and and am fortunate enough to be able to afford a build like this that why not. I mean I’m halfway done with the body and sheet metal on my hardtop that while that’s at paint it’ll be something to work on. Anyway I just wanted to see what y’all think I would be able to get for that convertible after it’s in very good condition after I’m done with it. Thanks guys hope everyone’s well!
got any pics of the work along the way?

·
Registered
37,647 Posts
I try to see what comparable ones have sold for and then figure out how much it'd take to get the one I'm working on in similar condition. If you can do it with a couple grand to spare after all expenses then what the heck.... just bear in mind that like all "investments" (lol) the market may drop like a whale's turd at any time.

·
Registered
1 Posts
In Albuquerque, March '65 I received a HS grad gift of a Champagne Beige coupe from the Ford lot located on the corner of University NE and Lomas Blvd. The interior was black. I remember the salesman saying something about the other beige that was available and the difference between the two beige colors. I remember driving the car home through the downtown area and the feel of how smooth turning corners felt. The fall of '66 I was attending NM Highlands and two of my close friends owned a Baby Blue color Mustang and my other friend owned a yellow Mustang. I also dated a guy in Las Vegas NM, who owned the White and Blue Shelby--I had many opportunities of really driving that car out of Las Vegas half way to Santa Fe. There was something really special about the exterior trunk area. One of my best friends in the very early 70s owned a blue Camaro and later in years she brought the new T-top Trans-Am--it was like a deep shade of red?? But, going back to the Mustang, one of my in-laws had their Mustang parked mint in the garage and the color was an orange/red, called Chinese Orange. My bro was in military academy in Roswell and he drove a GTO totally loaded, black interior and like a beige gold exterior. Who knew how great these cars would be??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts