Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
4,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, some of you may recall a incident I had with some parts theft on a couple of my cars out at my storage yard. I went by today to see what could be worked out, as I figured the parts that were stolen came out to about $400 bucks. He first tried to give some old 53 chevy parts I could sell to recoupe my lost, but I declined the offer. He thought about it for a couple of minutes, and asked if I would be interested in another car. He said I can't outright give it to you, but I will make you a heck of a deal, so we walked over to a 69 XR7 Cougar sitting by his shop, and he said how about $400 bucks. It runs & drives, and has a 351W with A/C and a tilt wheel and a center console. The only thing missing is the passenger door panel. The body is as straight as an arrow, with no rust. The interior needs to be redone, but not bad I would say for $400.

Oh and yes! I'm in the dog house again /forums/images/icons/frown.gif. And I just got out of it with remembering the swmbo's b-day a week a go! Well.... I guess one week of freedom, was more than I could handle /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif. Maybe I should try a halfway house or something next time I gain my freedom, so I don't screw it up again /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

G

·
23 cars???? How do you do that? I thought I was gonna get nuetered when I bought the my 4th 7. The dog
house woulda been wonderfull.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Alright Doug!!!!!!!! If I onllllyyy had the space!!!! Good score!

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Yes indeed! Really nice score /forums/images/icons/smile.gif Two more cars and you will graduate from newbie to tirekicker, LOL. You must have an awfully big garage. I have a heck of time just keeping track of one car./forums/images/icons/tongue.gif Oh well. There are others I'd like to own, I had better stay with one if I value my marraige. I'd say overall, your wife is really sympathetic....better hang on to her.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Doug,

Where the hell do you keep them?

My SWMBO gets pissed when I buy something as small as a $40.00 carb rebuild kit. You must have one great woman. When I bought my mustang last year, I told my wife that it was for my daughter (than 10 months old) - well we know how that flew. She still reminds me of that. I guess with the next one I'll have to tell her its for her - maybe you should try that. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

1 - 7 of 7 Posts