Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just joined this new site called the Insiders' List, and I found some really cool cars on there.

But the best thing was, they helped my find a buyer for my 67 2+2. Instead of just posting it on their website, they sent out my car through their email lists to people who are interested in classic cars. I found a buyer within a week of posting it.

Anyway, I'm reading this letter, and I realize this sounds like an advertisment, but its not. I'm just so excited that I sold my car! So I thought I would help out the Insiders' List and spread the word.

Check out the site, www.insiderslist.com

Anyone have any good stories about their project cars? I'm thinking about starting over on some old rusted piece of junk!

Cheers,
Mike

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

I'm just so excited that I sold my car!

<hr></blockquote>

Are you SURE your not here to advertise? /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

No self respecting Mustang owner was ever happy or excited that they sold their car! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Gary

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Everyone should take this post with a major grain of salt. This poster registered with VMF just prior to posting this message, so it's not like he knows us all and just wanted us to be aware of his great experience.

The privacy policy on this site makes it clear that list subscribers are required to provide sensitive personal information (SSN, credit reporting numbers, age, income, etc.) and that the information will be "shared" with advertisers, perhaps "in aggregrate" (read, "we'll distribute it to everyone we consider an advertiser").

As usual, caveat emptor!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmmmm - Mike Schmidt - one post. Nothing in the bio. Could he be from Phillie? I'm a NYer and could use Bud Harrelson as a good alias.

" I'm reading this letter, and I realize this sounds like an advertisment, but its not. I'm just so excited that I sold my car! So I thought I would help out the Insiders' List and spread the word."

Why would someone want to help out a site that seems to be doing fine on it's own. SPAM.

·
Administrator
12,999 Posts
Watch out! Remember the words of PT Barnum about suckers!!

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

I'm thinking about starting over on some old rusted piece of junk!

<hr></blockquote>

Ah ha!

We've got you now!

He's a Chevy owner......../forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

Gary

·
Registered
554 Posts
1. Why would someone join the VMF and talk about selling their car in their first post?
2. Why didn't he try and sell his Mustang on the VMF classifieds?
3. 90% of "Mike's" post talks about Insiderlist.com. Then he mentions his post is not an ad.

Something smells fishy to me.

Cheers,

Babe Ruth

·
Registered
900 Posts
I think you've nailed it--the guy's likely a spam artist for that damn list. They got my email address about a month or so ago and I've been trying to get them to remove me from their distribution list, with no success. I delete all their crap without even opening it. As far as I'm concerned, this guy's just a self-promoter who has no interest in the VMF beyond his own pocket. I say ban him, Bob.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I get those Insider list adds everyday. Can't read them as they are not sent out in the proper form somehow. They want you to list cars but that is about it. What one can read on the messages is not really worth the time.
Don

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What??? You guys don't trust this guy?
Hey I just bought a great bridge from him. Suppose to be FedEx'd here tomorrow. Can't wait, wow just think now I can charge my own tolls for crossing MY bridge./forums/images/icons/laugh.gif/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Bulls--t!

·
Banned
4,577 Posts
This guy has some nerve! This is more than likely a bait & trap ploy, and you will soon find yourself on his mailing list regardless. I wouldn't doubt it if he is currently going through and taking email addresses from VMF.

He emailed me a while back, probably getting my email address through e(B)ay since this is the only place I use that particular address. He made his email to me sound like he was in need of parts for his Mustang to get my attention, and took my reply to his email as a "Yes I am interested in his site", and signed me up with out my persmission to the email list. I was pissed!!!! I gave him a piece of my mind. I added him and his website to my blocked list from any further abuse of my email.

BTW, if any of you would like to contact him for any reason, I have his email from one of our previous conversations, and don't mind giving it to anyone since he doesn't seem to care about anyone else's privacy.

His email is [email protected]

BTW, here is the list he activated me on, "Insiders'[email protected]"
[color:red]SEE ANY RESEMBLANCES!!!
</font color=red>

It's unfortunate he goes to these extremes to try and get folks to view or use his website. It seems he would have better luck and not such a negative reaction if he was just a little more up front & honest with the classic car community.... To Bad!

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Doug, same thing happened to me! /forums/images/icons/mad.gif He asked me if I had any Mustangs or Mustang parts for sale, so I replied and told him I didn't, and after that, I started getting emails from that insider thingymajigger. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif I only got a few more emails after that and then they quit. Do everyone a favor mschmidt, and don't ever post here again.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This is why I don't post my email address in my profile. Just too many people out there looking to send me crap.

Brian aka hecubus

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
i got an e-mail from him also..... asking about mustang parts......i just added him to me block senders list :0)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts