Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my buddy calls me up and tells me there is a 69 r code shell in the paper there in missouri. so i call the guy up, before i even have a chance to ask about the shell he says it is the end of the day and hung up on me. i called back to let him know i was calling long distance. he asks me what kind of car i am looking for and i say he advertised a 69 r code shell. he goes off about how everyone has been asking if it is a running driving car and once again he ask what kind of vehicle i am expecting i say i am expecting a 69 r code shell so i ask what is left he says its just a shell without a vin so i say how do you know it is a r code he says he removed the vin and stuck it on another car which was a rusty s code 69 fastback.he explains he was restoring the s code car and used all the stuff off the r code to restore the s code and then he just stuck the r code vin on the s code shell. he then starts with the line that he has been talking to idiots all day so i say i know how he feels because i was talking to a jerk. he goes on to say he has been answering the phone all day and i say well you should have expected it because you placed an ad in the paper. he asks if i am still interested and i say no because you have been acting like a jerk. i dont know how anyone expects to sell something by acting so rudely. yes i know it can be frustrating selling something but he restores mustangs and should know the interest a r code shell will generate especially for the sum of 750 bucks.
maybe i caught him on a bad day but i shouldnt have to put up with his attitude

·
Premium Member
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i thought about that he told me he restores mustangs for a living probably wouldnt want to purchase one from him seeing how he does business

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
Yeah, I think the authorities would DEFINATELY be interested in that car ::

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
The big red flags I see are the guy acting like a jerk and a bully. Plus admitting to a complete stranger he swaps VINS. Obviously the seller has no ethics, so I would throw out his number. Too risky for me.

·
Registered
98 Posts
If you want, send me the guys number, I have a few friends in the state police that would be very interested in him. As stated by someone earlier thats a very serious offense and if you think about it , it only diminishes our hobby. How would you like to be the guy thinking hes getting an original R code and find out it was an S code. Also, does it make any sense taking an R code vin and putting it on a rusted S code car. That would be like converting a shelby into a gt clone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts