Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Funny thing about the old Mustangs…..

I was given a show room quality sea foam green '68 coupe with a black vinyl top fully loaded mustang from my grandmother over 20 years ago… That's when it all started… It was my first car. What started, was my love for the classic Mustang… It had black interior with the console, factory air, power steering and power breaks.. Smelled great. It had that Mustang smell. Stock wheels and hubcaps… The only change I made was replacing the wheels for some solid center aluminum mags and some nice goodyear while lettered tires (which got stollen and I bought again)…. So sad, seeing my '68 sitting on the ground without wheels on the street…

Anyway.. A few Mustangs later, I'm still the proud owner of a '67 sea foam green (or ivy green) convertible Mustang. It's the second sea foam green one I've ever seen in my life, and I've owned both sea foam green Mustangs I've ever seen…. That's what first caught my eye when I saw it sitting in a parking lot for sale… I took a picture from my iPhone and texted it to my wife saying "I'm getting this".. I owned it 3 weeks later….. It smelled the same as my old '68 coupe…. (my wife ROCKS!!!)

Now, my kids are huge fans of late 60's cars… It's not just a car… It's a icon and a way of life…. Go Ford….. Thanks.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I know the feeling, been over 46 six years since I caught the fever, and hope I am never cured, and the best part is my son and grandbaby have it also!!!

·
Registered
571 Posts
I was 14 the first time my dad took me to the mustang car show here in mustang Oklahoma. I already liked mustangs, but all I had ever seen was a 65/66 coupe, i had no idea all the types of mustangs there were. As we walked through the show, my eyes locked on a black 69' mach1, and that was it, I was hooked. It was the most awesome thing I had ever seen. I grabbed my dad and asked him, "what is that? That isn't a mustang is it?!". That's a moment I'll never forget.

·
Registered
108 Posts
The first Mustang I remember was my moms red with white interior 64 1/2 she traded in for a 69 coupe with the blacked out hood and scoop. WOW !! I took my driving test in the 69 and drove it thru High School. When they are in your blood it's hard to not want another. Then this last September a week before my 54th birthday I found my dream car again !!!! The Red one in My signature

After several trys looking I found the pictures of my mom's 69 WOW Memories THANKS FOR THE WALK DOWN MEMORY LANE I LOVE THIS PLACE

Attachments

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
My first car was also a 68 coupe, seafoam green with a black vinyl top. It had the two tone green interior though. I loved that car. Drove it all through high school and it also started my love of mustangs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts