Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll still be here on the boards pretty much everyday as usual but after 3 great years I've decided to shut down Kanter Performance.
It's been a great side business and alot of the success was due to you guys and girls here at the VMF.
I've been contemplating this for about 6 months now and have finally decided to take a break from the custom parts business. (at least for now ;) )
I'll be focusing on a new venture which I'm sure I'll post more about in the coming months.
So if anyone needs anything I'll still be up and running for about the next month or so.
I've dropped alot of the prices either to clear out stuff or just to give everyone some good pricing on parts I can still get in if you need them.
So thanks again and I'll still be hanging around here.

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
Erik,

Congratulations and what a shame. It sounds as though this is something you are looking forward to, but I have enjoyed working with you on a couple of things in the past.

I'm glad you'll be hanging around here still though!

Good Luck with your new venture.

·
Incorporated Sell Out
17,130 Posts
Its a shame...there is a major lack of vendor doing mild customization work like you were able to produce for me at affordable levels.

I still love my lid BTW ;)

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Sorry to hear that Eric, even though I never bought from you I always looked there before I thought about purchasing. Unfortunately, I'm having to buy the basics - wiring, brakes, suspension parts - and not specialty parts.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the kind words.
I really enjoyed making the parts and dealing with fellow Mustangers and did it more for the love of the hobby than to make a buck. And if I had enough hours in the day I'd still do it on the side but I think the service and attention to everyone's orders or questions would be lacking with just having our third child and starting a new venture so it's better to just put it on the side for now.
Of course if anyone needs anything in the future I'd be glad to see if I have anything laying around or at least point them in the irght direction of where to possibly get it.

·
Administrator
19,497 Posts
I'm really sorry to hear that, Erick, your stuff is great. :(

The best of luck to your new venture, however! :highfive:

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Laurie. I think one of the best things that happened with the business was you introducing me to Jim Smart (Hi Jim!) whne doing the overflow tank installation for the Mustang Monthly article.
It was very cool to see one of your own products used in a big time magazine like that.
I think I bought every copy they had at Barnes & Noble to hand out to family members. :lol:

It looks like our server is getting hit pretty good and is going down once in awhile so if you can;t get to the website that is why.

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
It looks like our server is getting hit pretty good and is going down once in awhile so if you can;t get to the website that is why.
Glad I got in early :biggrin:

·
Registered
10,775 Posts
Just ordered a quick release Monte Carlo bar as well. Sounds like it will be a collectors item soon. Maybe Erick should start autographing them?

Craig

·
Premium Member
2,447 Posts
Nooooooooooooooooooo! Say it isnt so! I've had so many people compliment and ask me about my valve covers and air cleaner.

Best of luck with your new venture Erick!

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
I've been contemplating getting another overflow tank to use as a windshield washer reservoir. Guess I need to make a decision now!

I hate to see a Mustang venture shut down, but I am glad it is personal, not because it didn't work out. You make a good product and you have been a stand up guy (based on your posts and your willingness to work with people) so I am sure your upcoming venture will be a success also.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Eric,

Ive been following your website for sometime now. I always liked your products but have never ordered. You just helped me make some decisions. Here's to continued success on your new venture, and thanks for making my wallet lighter. I look forward to installing my new limited edition Kanter parts.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for all the replies.
Maybe I'll start signing them and numbering them as suggested. :joker:
Then if I decide to start again a in a few years I can call them continuations. :lol:

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Erick, Sorry to hear about this.
BUT... Good luck on your new venture. I'm sure you'll do well.
Not everyone has the courage to go into biz for themselves. Congrats on that. I'm sure the new venture will pan out for you as well.

Dan

·
AKA Exchevman
5,383 Posts
Good luck Erick. You did a great job for the hobby.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts