Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
White Elephant Guy
12,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd been teetering between a 302 or 351W for the longest time, while always knowing that a 351C is just eternally cooler. I dismissed them because I knew I wanted fuel injection, well, I got bored tonight and after some Googling, I found this build on a Pantera. It looks pretty straight forward. My biggest concern is I have NO idea what mods were needed on the intake...

What do you think? Twin turbo EFI 351C with 4V heads?

·
Registered
280 Posts
I share your feelings about the 351 cleveland. I studied this pantera some time back, and was impressed with the work he did. Seems like the distributor is the hardest part.

I dream of a set of the new 351C aluminum heads on a 5.0 roller cam block for a "modern" boss 302, with efi. That would be one cool motor.

Brian

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
All and good on the motor idea. But what about headers?
What about the limited room with the 351c heads?
Sounds like some fab work is in order.

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
cough**BULLSH$T** I just changed my header gaskets on mine the ohter day...I actually got flustrated! I can only imagine the tools that would be found in the drive way :pissed: but hey go ahead and build that beast

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Well....you do need to remove the engine (or at least lift it up a bit) to work on it. It wasn't easy getting the headers on, but I don't believe there are any mods to the towers, at least non that I saw. You can fit at least one or two human hairs between the headers and the towers :lol:

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
at least non that I saw. You can fit at least one or two human hairs between the headers and the towers :lol:
So those are hammer modifications! :shocked2: I have a few of those too!

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Jeez...somebody did it the hard way! :eek:
Get a Wieland eXcellerator and have injector bungs welded in. Pre-fab fuel rail is pretty cheap. Add a set of junkyard injectors, about 24-30lb units. A gutted Holley with a TPS added will function as a throttle body. There is also a company that sells a 4bbl-style throttle body with a TPS mount for $75 Use a 460 TFI dizzy. Run it with a Megasquirt'nTFI system, and volia!

·
Incorporated Sell Out
17,130 Posts
Geeze...what are you (greg) and balistic talking about ;)

To do a turbo 351c EFI in a 65-6 you will need 100% custom headers...nothing off the shelf to help with that :(

But to do a simple EFI 351c in a 65-6 no hammer to the car needed.

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
Clevelands arent so good for forced induction (well.. they arent too bad, they just suffer from the block casting).

The boss idea would work really well for forced induction, got good heads and good block (assuming you use a 351w block or something aftermarket). At least, thats what I was told on another forum. One day, when I have time and money, maybe ill attempt it (that is, if i dont go for a NA boss 9 with a wildly custom fuel/induction setup).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts