Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,737 Posts

Looks good. Good luck with it.

Why do the backup lights look amber and why are they on?

Paul

·
Registered
762 Posts
With complete sincerity and my best wishes to you, I hope that this Mustang is every bit what you expect it to be. Don't let the negative personalities try to bring you down. Unfortunately, they're to be found everywhere... but rest assured, they are among the minority in this forum.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
It looks like you got a fair deal. Especially if you like the color combos, then that's a bonus.

Looks great. I wouldn't let the other guys piss on your parade just yet...wait 'till you get it and drive it.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Congratulations on the win. The only thing that matters is that you like it and plan to enjoy your new project. Believe me,no matter how perfect, you'll find things you want to do to it. That's when the fun really starts!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Looks like it might have some issues!!!. Longer shackle on drivers side but not on pass side, some rust issues on top of inner fenders. Hope you checked in the cowl for rust. good luck!! and right front fender is from a 68. Has marker hole in it.

·
Banned
1,583 Posts
Looks like it might have some issues!!!. Longer shackle on drivers side but not on pass side, some rust issues on top of inner fenders. Hope you checked in the cowl for rust. good luck!!
Cowl's may be the least of worries/problems as far as rust goes!

Deposits on Ebay are refundable through Ebay Motor buyer protection unless the listing states non-refundable last time I checked. Ie. fails inspection.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No, I didn't have time. I just was impressed with the pics and description. I think I will push back before pmt and have a 3rd party get over there. Any recommendations?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looks like it might have some issues!!!. Longer shackle on drivers side but not on pass side, some rust issues on top of inner fenders. Hope you checked in the cowl for rust. good luck!! and right front fender is from a 68. Has marker hole in it.
I noticed that! No PPI. Why would the car have that issue? walk away/break deal?

·
Banned
1,583 Posts
I noticed that! No PPI. Why would the car have that issue? walk away/break deal?
Rotted (rusted out) frame rail is one possibility and usually when you see creative stuff like that. I'm serious.

Pictures can be very deceiving. For a example a guy bought a "restored" 65/66 Fastback on Ebay and had it shipped to Australia to find out he could crunch holes in the supports by hand/tapping with a screw-driver.

"All bids made in the Real Estate and eBay Motors vehicles categories are considered non-binding."
Non-binding bid policy

·
Registered
762 Posts
Well, I learned something today. eBay Motors vehicle auctions are non-binding under certain conditions. Canyonblaster, I hope that this car IS what was described but if it's not, you should avail yourself of this policy. Since you couldn't get an inspection before, you should do it now, before it's too late. Perhaps you should contact the Mustang Club of America to get a list of reputable inspectors local to the car. Alternatively, maybe Hagerty or your insurance company can provide a recommendation?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Rotted (rusted out) frame rail is one possibility and usually when you see creative stuff like that. I'm serious.

Pictures can be very deceiving. For a example a guy bought a "restored" 65/66 Fastback on Ebay and had it shipped to Australia to find out he could crunch holes in the supports by hand/tapping with a screw-driver.

"All bids made in the Real Estate and eBay Motors vehicles categories are considered non-binding."
Non-binding bid policy
I pulled out....

·
Banned
2,711 Posts
I too would be very hesitant about pursuing this vehicle. I won't put an offer down on a car, even if "protected by eBay" as I've been screwed over by them before, or buy a car in general unless I've inspected it thoroughly beforehand as pictures and descriptions can be very deceiving, either unintentionally or on purpose. Like one member said, pay someone to inspect the vehicle or see if someone who is knowledgeable about mustangs can inspect the car for you and get a neutral opinion on the matter. Food for thought though, most coupes can be had in nicer condition for around the same price and unless one has been made into a pro touring car or whatnot, most will be well under $20k

·
Registered
744 Posts
I bought my 68 convertible sight unseen off of eBay. I bought it from a Class car Dealer in Florida who had good reviews. It was off a nice, fresh restoration. A good 8.5 to 9 car. I had to have the front end totally rebuilt. (did the Arning drop at the same time. At a later time I got rid of the airshocks and replaced them with correct Eaton Detroits. A couple of minor tweaks here and there but I have been very happy with the car. Probably lucky that it turned out so well.

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
When I was looking to purchased mine, I looked around for inspection companies but there weren't that many for classic cars. I found Road Ready Certified. They were probably around $350+ or so? They did an OK job but won't beat inspecting it yourself but sometimes doing it yourself isn't possible.

Pre-Purchase Inspections for Classic Vehicles | Road Ready Inspections

1 - 20 of 22 Posts