Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stuck here while they fix a tire pressure monitoring issue on my company vehicle.
Waiting area has a 65 fastback in it, apparently for sale. (They are supposedly taking offers on it)
VIN checks out. Looks like dealer power steering. You don't see that too often with a hipo.

Attachments

·
Registered
671 Posts
how much are they asking for it?

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Non-committal. They're "taking offers" on it.

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Even the ST has a drip pan.....
Nothing in any drip pan, even the one under the Mustang.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Does it come with a 3yr/36k warranty and available Ford Credit financing?
:smile2:

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
K code in a non-GT. I wonder how many of those they made. Tire pressure monitoring. Well how hard is it to get your air gauge and go around and do a pressure check? If you are driving and something starts feeling strange in the steering or handling, probably time to pull over and look at the tires. Why do I need automatic computer controlled tire pressure monitoring? Probably costs like $500 extra to be put on there.

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
K code in a non-GT. I wonder how many of those they made.
My guess would be more than they made GT-K's. The hipo option alone was a lot of coin back then.

Tire pressure monitoring. Well how hard is it to get your air gauge and go around and do a pressure check? If you are driving and something starts feeling strange in the steering or handling, probably time to pull over and look at the tires. Why do I need automatic computer controlled tire pressure monitoring? Probably costs like $500 extra to be put on there.
Not much choice in the matter. I don't own the vehicle, the corporation does and I'm basically a "caretaker" while
they make the lease payments.
Turns out the right front sensor inside the tire had started to send out a bogus signal to the vehicle computer.
Not covered by Ford (probably due to the vehicle mileage) but covered by our company fleet maintenance provider.
Ain't technology grand?!....... NOT.

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Looks like they are protecting the showroom floor with a drip pan. Anything in it?
You know Fords don't leak! Well, maybe a little antifreeze/oil/blinker fluid...but only when you park on a friends nice new concrete driveway. Ugh, dang Fords just piss everywhere. >:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts