Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stock 65 K-Code heads...what are they worth?

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
Got some you wanna sell me, eh Vince?? *G*

Crack-free undisturbed samples should garner 400/pr or so I would think, maybe more these days...

Mainly good for restorers...no real performance advantage, especially with all the aftermarket stuff out now...

Say "hiya" to Toni for me..*G*

·
Registered
6,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Putting together my club newsletter, we have a classified section..some guy has a pair ..he is asking $500..I have no idea if that is good or not..was just curious..

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
.he is asking $500..I have no idea if that is good or not..was just curious..

Not a bargain but a fair asking price if they're in good condition...if I was restoring a K-coder, I'd likely be tempted to make an offer *G*

·
Registered
361 Posts
What is the date code on the heads? I have a big task ahead
of me. I've got a May 25th, 1965 K-code with no motor. I'm
going to piece one together if possible.
Thanks,
Kevin
65 GT K-code Coupe
64 1/2 Coupe

·
Registered
6,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have no idea..but I will find out and let you know..

G

·
k heads if theya re complete and not damaged will bring 450-550. If you get them for 400, your got a deal. If you pay 550, you payed the price, but were not ripped. If they are stripped heads. I've seen them from 300-450. I've sold a set a couple years ago, fresh from the machine shop and complete with valves, springs, keepers for $700 plus shipping. I sold two sets in my local paper about a year ago. Same guy bought both sets for $900. So as you can see, jprice vaies but stays within a fair range. Good luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts