Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
698 Posts
Since I finished the mock up on the engine, the next step is to install the T5Z transmission. I had a dolly the PO provided to move the engine around and decided to build a stand on it to install the tranny. I needed a bracket to fit on the motor mount location to be 10-1/2 in high to allow it to clear the bottom of the oil pan. I had some extra wood laying around and cut 14 - 2x4's, 9 inches long, and screwed / stacked them together, 7 on each side. Spacing between the blocks was 11-1/2 in, and the motor set down perfectly on the motor mount points and is firmly seated. . I then extended the dolly with two additional casters to support the transmission once I get it installed. This will allow me to move it around as needed once I get the transmission installed.

View attachment 813789

I unpacked all of the components from Modern Driveline and, as I used to say when my children were young and bought things for them - "some assembly is required". They have some great videos and installation instructions, so I plan on taking my time and making sure it is right the first time.

View attachment 813791

I did order a front disc brake upgrade from @CHOCK so I should be getting that soon. I am going to wait to order the power steering components as some of the items that need to be rebuilt are installed on the car now, and I am at least a couple of months before I get it back from the body shop.
If you have any questions give the guys at Modern Driveline a call. Bruce and his crew are great and will assist you with any problems or issues you run into. Love the build so far.

LJ

· Registered
698 Posts
Here is the Marti Report for the car. It had a 351C 2V originally and a 4 speed along with power steering. It was a Medium Gold Metallic with Medium Ginger Interior.
My 70 was the exact same color combo. By the time I got it it had been repainted red, then grabber blue, with a mix of Medium ginger and black interior… She looks way better now than she did in 90’s when I bought her.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Grille

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

1 - 2 of 2 Posts