Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son is a Investigator with the Sheriff's department. He passed along the following message to me to keep an eye out.

On January 23, 2006 between 2:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m., unknown person(s) broke into a garage in Broomfield and stole a red, 2-door 1965 Ford Mustang with Colorado temporary tag 393337D (VIN 5F09K700726). The car is rarely driven and is stored in a garage. The car is valued at $45,000. I’ve attached pictures of the car’s interior and exterior.

Let me know if you’ve had any similar cases or know anyone who might be good for this.

Thank you in advance.

Look on my website for pictures; HERE

Those of you who have already seen this message, I had to remove the detective link, for not so obvious initial reasons to me. Should you have any information just email me and I will forward it to the proper authorities. email; [email protected] Thanks for looking.

·
Registered
10,775 Posts
So sad. It was probably very happy sitting in it's own quiet garage, not bothering anyone.... Hope it is found intact.

·
Registered
7,981 Posts
JMO, but if the owner has an agreed value insurance policy for $45,000 maybe he/she would be better off with a check.

Regardless, I hope the car is found and does not get banged up - but I would guess that is a very low probability outcome.

John Harvey

·
Registered
620 Posts
With a VIN number and an authentic numbers matching K code motor, I would not think that 45K would be an adequate amount, would you? :no:
http://webpages.charter.net/tjfastback66/Picture%20011%20v1%20RS%20.jpg

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I'm with you John. Check please! $45K sounds like a nice little settlement to me especially if it was valued properly.

I'm not being flippant here and it really sucks for the owner if he and the car had a history. Just thank God it was insured. Have read a few posts here that have had different outcomes because of no insurance.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I only read here that "The car is valued at $45,000"
Didn't read anything about insured.

Hope they find it. Sounds like the theif knew what they were going after. Not a joy ride.

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
The rear tires seem to come out quite a lot in 2nd pic. Later rear axle?

·
Registered
328 Posts
Its a shame..this car is probably striped and or allready going through a major overhaulin... :sick:

Its this stuff that makes it tough to enjoy what you have...without looking over your shoulder every second. :paranoid:

·
Registered
433 Posts
I'f the car was in the garage the guy's home owners should cover it, sounds like a inside job. :horror:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts