Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently came across a set of these wheels. The problem is they are 15x6. How large of a rear tire can I run? The wheels are 68 maurader version. I like unique things and these wheels seem to fit my taste and budget. Are they valuable? What should a set with trim rings cost? Anyone have a picture with them on their early mustang.? Fit over disk brakes?

Attachments

·
Spammer Hammer
10,834 Posts
Tire width will be determined by the wheel offset. You might be able to fit 225’s, but most likely 215’s.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im fine with a smaller tire on the front. I am concerned about the back looking too small.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
I had the Marauder Magstars on my 70 Mach and I have 14" Magstars on my 64. Have had them on since about 1991. Yours look really good!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
the rule of thumb is the wheel should be 80% the width of the tire. thus if you have a ten inch wide tire, it needs to go on at least an eight inch wide wheel. that said, the tire manufacturers list the design rim width that their tires should fit on for best performance. for instance the design rim width for the 225/60 tire used on the fox body mustangs is seven inches. in addition to that the manufacturers also list the range of rim widths that a particular size tire can fit. that 225/60 tire can fit rims from six to eight inches. more that eight or less than six and you run into fitment issues, as well as wear and performance issues.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They are 15 x 6. I just bought them really dont want to sell. I had no idea how sought after they are though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts