Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd share this beauty with you all. I believe this car was originally built for Ken Miles prior to his passing. I think MS Classic Cars even had the gentlemen who raced this car in the late 60s come and check out the car. These were the same specs as the GT350Rs but had full interior. Read into this beauty!

Marc Schiliro's Classic Cars (msclassiccarsllc.com)

·
Registered
557 Posts
Wow, amazing documentation and pics. I saved some for ideas on my '67,

·
Registered
1965 2+2 Vintage Burgundy A-code C4
6,171 Posts
Woof!

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Very cool car. Unfortunately, Ken never got to drive it........

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
So is this one of those rare 20K coupes? ;)

And Fastbacks are cooler :ROFLMAO:

John

·
Premium Member
535 Posts
All these years I've seen and heard so many people who should know say that all the Shelby GT350 Mustangs in 65 and 66 were fastbacks ...

·
Registered
68 Posts
"Well…to my knowledge the Group 2 cars were not labeled or identified as GT350’s. There were 6 1966 GT350 convertibles. Other than that, all ‘65/‘66 GT350’s are fastbacks. "

Correct the TransAm coupes were not considered Shelby's and SAAC didn't recognize them for a long time

There were only 4 original 66 Convertibles Publications in the 80-90's often mentioned 6 which was incorrect. They are 6S2375 (green), 6S2376 (yellow), 6S2377 (red), and 6S2378 (blue

·
Registered
70 Mach 1 Drag Pack (W code)
84 Posts
Thought I'd share this beauty with you all. I believe this car was originally built for Ken Miles prior to his passing. I think MS Classic Cars even had the gentlemen who raced this car in the late 60s come and check out the car. These were the same specs as the GT350Rs but had full interior. Read into this beauty!

Marc Schiliro's Classic Cars (msclassiccarsllc.com)
Love the Group II cars..
MS is only 35 min from me...I'll have to check it out.
Err maybe not.....Not open to the public

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
So finally this is one of the rare column-shifter mustangs???

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Love the Group II cars..
MS is only 35 min from me...I'll have to check it out.
Err maybe not.....Not open to the public
I know Marc pretty well from MS. I don't think he would mind you coming by to take a look. Just make an appointment as it is appointment only at his shop. I was lucky enough to see this car in person and meet John who raced the car. He mentioned he had this car north of 170 mph which is pretty unbelievable and 4 wheel drifted this car lol. The sound of this engine will give you goosebumps ! Marc should have a detailed video up in the near future like he usually does for his cars. It will be live at Owls museums car auction in august where they have many of the trophy's and memorabilia for the car. Pretty sure John McCombs and some of the people affiliated with the car from back in the day will be there as well.

·
Premium Member
535 Posts
"Well…to my knowledge the Group 2 cars were not labeled or identified as GT350’s. There were 6 1966 GT350 convertibles. Other than that, all ‘65/‘66 GT350’s are fastbacks. "

Correct the TransAm coupes were not considered Shelby's and SAAC didn't recognize them for a long time

There were only 4 original 66 Convertibles Publications in the 80-90's often mentioned 6 which was incorrect. They are 6S2375 (green), 6S2376 (yellow), 6S2377 (red), and 6S2378 (blue
But this one is being represented as a Shelby - read the blurb in the Vehicle Highlights section with yellow font - "In 1966, a total of 2,378 Shelby GT350 models were built which included 20 Production Racers referred to as Shelby Group 1 and Group II Mustangs. These were built to the R-model specifications. This example is one of those 20"

This, at least to me, says that he's representing this car as a GT-350R. That's confusing, if not outright misrepresention.

just sayin'

1 - 20 of 23 Posts