Vintage Mustang Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
alright FB boycotters, here are a few posts to keep everyone up to speed :)

the car is at a shop and about a month away from paint. I'll cover the major updates

cut out rust and replaced only sections of metal that needed it. i started with the driver floor and cut the whole left side out. taht was a nightmare so that's where i decided to keep as much original metal as possible. this included spots in floor, back end of both rear quarters, trunk drops, gas tank ring, right front frame rail at bumper bracket attach, and lower cowl

epoxy primed the interior, then shot with Lizard Skin

epoxy primed undercarriage and welded in Tin Man SFCs, driveline ring, and torque boxes

reassembled dash prior to welding in cowl

paint scheme will be wimbledon white with Ivy Green stripes. its a 65 but will have 66 side scoops, Cobra Auto fiberglass hood, and Maier stage 1 fiberglass front fenders (leaning toward 16x8s). i opted to go Ivy Green on the dash to tie in the stripe color. the original interior was Ivy Gold. i'll likely tie that in as well as the white (3 tone).

Cheers

Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
656 Posts
How many of you guys don't have FB!

44-years old and I felt like my wife and I were the last hold outs.
No Matt, you are not the last hold out. I have never had a need for social media, phone and email work fine for me, but I am old and set in my ways.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Great project and great progress as well! Y’all all no where near the last hold outs... myself, and a band of non-FB rebels are still saying we have no use for “stalkbook”. Excellent father/sons Man time project. I will continue to watch from the forums portal.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts