Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning. I'm sure this have been discussed before, but does anyone know what kickdown cable to use for 1967 mustang with a c-4 trans that has a '95 5.0 efi swap. I also need to figure out were to properly connect it on the 5.0. I just bought the car, and I'm going through it cleaning up after other peoples messes. The 5.0 install wasn't that bad, but there were some short cuts taken that I'm trying to correct. The kickdown cable is one of the issues. They never connected one, and the car will not downshift during acceleration. Thank you in advance for any help.

·
Registered
2,606 Posts

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
I believe the cable is cut to length so you can make it work.
Perhaps, but the OP may have to fabricate a bracket and insure the pull ratio from the mounting on the throttle body is that same as it would be from a carburetor. I am surprised no one has that info all sorted out to post.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I saw that but they are silent on if it works with EFI where the throttle body is on the passenger side.

It must have been done, but I have not found a solution for the OP.
I have submitted that very question about the Lokar cable about a week ago, and I haven't heard back from them yet.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm going to keep looking. If I find something, I'll buy it, install it, and post on whether it worked or not. I'm sure that I'm not the only one who has had this issue. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
I am pretty sure that with the Lokar cable you should be able to figure something out. I have it, it's a fairly simple mechanism. Pull the cable and it downshifts.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Best setup for it IMHO is to use the stock pedal (including its kickdown) and turn the upper intake 180 degrees, putting the throttle and intake on the driver's side. With a simple attachment point, your original linkage works with the EFI setup, and you don't have to relocate the battery to make room for the air filter.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Best setup for it IMHO is to use the stock pedal (including its kickdown) and turn the upper intake 180 degrees, putting the throttle and intake on the driver's side. With a simple attachment point, your original linkage works with the EFI setup, and you don't have to relocate the battery to make room for the air filter.
This is the best plan ... but not with a 95 intake, because of the built in elbow.
Maybe a 6 cyl C4 accelerator pedal to get it to the passenger side. Then a 95 specific Lokar throttle cable grafted to the end of the pedal linkage.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks everyone. I'll take a look at the car and see what's on it tomorrow. I'll have to look and see what they did to make the EFI work. I'll post updates as I go, and the final solution for others to use later.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts