Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need the hinge part that bolts to my intake (edelbrock performer) and connects to my tranny kickdown and my throttle. I have a 66 (302) with a holly carb and a c-4 tranny. Where can I find it? Thanks - chros

·
Registered
4,800 Posts
Any chain auto store-Pep boys, Autozone, Napa, or for that matter, I have one in my storage room-can't find one, email me and I'll sell it to you cheap.

J. Boggs

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Holy Smokes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't bring that name up here!!!!!!!!!
D Barry!!!!

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
If your linkage is correct for a '66 V8, you only need the kickdown cable sold at any Mustang parts house. It goes from the lever sticking down on the accelerator rod to the kickdown lever on the tranny. It's attached with a clip much like the door lock rods, and/or the carb linkage. No part of the kickdown set up comes anywhere near the intake manifold or the carb.

If you have an incorrect '66 v8 linkage (such as a '65 linkage or an i-6 linkage), you'll need the adapter sold at most any auto parts store, made by Edlebrock. Be advised that the adapter is lame at best, and extremely difficult to get to work right (it changes the entire geometry of the throttle linkages). A much better way, IMHO, is to use the Lokar kick down cable. Much cleaner setup, and looks very cool.

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
"and connects to ... my throttle"

I just noticed that part of your post. The easiest way, IMHO, to hook a stock '66 throttle linkage to a Performer carb, is using the Mr. Gasket "Universal Carburator Bushing". It goes in the big hole of the Performer's bell crank. You then clip off the last 90 deg. bend of the stock linkage and insert it into the Mr. Gasket device. It's a very clean setup, easy to install, and looks as good as it works.

The Mr. Gasket "Universal Carburator Bushing" is available from any speed shop, including Summit and Jegs. for for about $10.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts