Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I checked out http://www.carmemories.com/ today and i was reading what some of the people were posting about, etc some 15yr made up this post that his dad bought him a 67 gt 500 for his birthday then he sets it on fire ull read that one,,,, then there is the one bout a australian offering 250$ yes that 250$ american dollars for a complete 67 gt 500 where are these kid gettign these ideas? man they have a imagination or they are drugged out!!! i understand kids saying they liek thr gt 500 because of the movie but kids making up all this stuff is pretty stupid and a waste of peoples time! You guys will be amazed if u read some fo this stuff ull get a real kick out of it!!

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
I'm not even clicking that link because I'm not subjecting myself to more craziness. I had enough of that tonight when a kid at the Burger King cruize in asked these questions.

1. Dude, what is a Mustang Fastback.
2. Do you think I should buy an GT-something or another like like Elenore?
(I say that isn't a real Shelby, but you can buy a fastback and the body kits)
3. He then says, If it's not a real Shelby then why does my uncle have one just like it? He then procedes to say it's real and I'm wrong.

I finally walk away.....

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gone in 60 seconds stirred up alot with mustangs and shelbys has any other movie done something liek this besides Bullitt?

·
Premium Member
11,700 Posts
I wonder which is a bigger waste of time... their writing it, your reading it, your posting about it, my reading your post, or my replying to your post? /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

G

·
0 Posts
...Stretching out my arms.

Closing my eyes.

Exhaling thoroughly....

AAAAaaaahhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!

·
Registered
185 Posts
At least they show some interest in classic mustangs. A lot of kids these days care about how many speakers they can put in their rice burner and that's it. I don't consider myself a kid(twenty something) and alot of guys my age are all into rice. It is somewhat different down here in Alabama though; most of them have mud trucks. I consider myself lucky as 2 of my best friends that are younger than I am have classic vehicles. One has a project 68 Charger R/T 440 and the other has a 58 International A-120 3/4 ton 4x4 pickup that he is working on. See, there is still some hope for the younger generation.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
The Fast and the Furious did the same for the "ricer" community. AHHHHHHHHH Movies like that shouldnt be allowed. Atleast Gone in 60 secs. and Bullitt inspire younger generations to get into classic muscle cars and not Civics and Supras.

-Art Nuñez

PS: I just saw the 007 movie with Sean Connery and a red 71 or 72 Mach.....ahhhhh....I feel much better just thinking about it... /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

1 - 10 of 10 Posts