Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What in your guys opinion will happen to the mustang market when ol Shelby passes on??

·
Registered
758 Posts
"Collectors" who drive an automatic Camry and think it's pretty nice will start buying up Shelbys and keeping them in hermetic vaults. It will become "Trade you two of my Ferrari Dinos for your GT-350!" "No way, Fred, throw in the Countach, too!"

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Well, Henry Ford has been dead for decades and they are still making Fords so I think everything will be fine. Shelby isn't responsible for the Mustang or the remarkable phenomenom it was in the early years....the Mustang phenomenom is responsible for Shelby's long time fame. Whithout the Cobra or the Mustang would anyone even know his name? My Shelby might be worth more the day after his death but that doesn't concern me since I am never selling the vehicle. The average Mustang will be just as it was the day before his death...a great car.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Shelbys will probably continue to be made, such as the continuation series, special limited production vehicles and prototypes. The name and the company will live on. Thats my opinion.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
The Ferrari market didn't change much when 'ol Enzo passed. The market will determine what the market will do.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Life will go on, but Shelbys will increase in value I'm sure. Then more people will notice the other mustangs(partiularlly the higher HP stangs) and they will increase as well. You know you gotta give these guys props(shelby, shinoda, saleen, etc...) they gave us something we can always hold tangable to our hearts and pioneered the muscle cars of present and past.

On a side note hehehehehe......(I'm picking a fight) :: I'd take my 428scj over any shelby or 429 boss any day. ;) and the truth is in the pudding!

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
I think we'll all see a stop to that awful grafitti I've seen on Mustang glove box doors and sun visors. ;)

·
Registered
10,290 Posts
Ah, lets remember that Carroll Shelby was the First AMERICAN born racing driver to win LeMans in 1959.
Ebay will explode with triple the amout of Shelby listings. That will last a year or so.
And, those who have autographed stuff will smile a little wider. And Corvette owners will frown, because, after all, how many Covettes did Duntov sign?

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Nothing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.