Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend has a '99 Mustang Cobra SVT conv...he just got in an accident with it...$7k damage in the front end (he rearended someone)...would this go on the history of the VIN number? If someone wanted to buy it and looked up the VIN, would the accident/repair show up? I say it would...they feel it won't...if it matters, it's being repaired at the dealership and the insurance is covering it...thanx. Guy(NH)

·
Registered
7,948 Posts
I think the laws vary by state. But my understanding (non-lawyer) is that if a car is totalled by the insurance company then it shows up on the title. In Utah such cars have to be marked with a salvage designation. They can be repaired and relicensed but the salvage designation stay with the car. For a repairable accident (i.e, one the insurance company pays for) nothing goes on the title.

John

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well, the police did go to the accident...I don't know if a police report was filled out but to me the person he hit probably made sure one was filled out...and if the insurance is paying for it...wouldn't it get on the history of the VIN?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts