Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what some of you do with your cameras through the duration of shows? If you're anything like me, you've taken all the pics you're going to by the end of the first hour; then you've got to drag the camera around with you for the next 6 or 8 hours until the trophies are passed out. :p

It's our new Olympus digital, and I don't want to risk cooking it in the trunk or having it lifted from the glovebox. I'm considering a small Igloo cooler with one of the plastic re-freezable ice packs (all locked in the trunk). Outa keep it cool without freezing it, doncha think?

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
Just in the trunk is fine. My digital camera has sat in the trunk of many car shows with the temps above 95 and some (like 2 weeks ago) with the temps above 100.

Sometimes, I just leave it in the console glove box, but I'll usually stick it in the trunk when I'm done taking pictures for a while.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I just put mine in the trunk. I have never had any problems with heat.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I don't think it would be good in a cooler...moisture isn't good for a camera (digital or other). How about a small backpack or hip pack?

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alright – it looks like the concensus is for the trunk. The ice-pack I was referring to doesn't produce much (if any) moisture, though. It won't even keep a can of soda cold – it's just cool enough for a sandwich.

I assume everyone will chip in for a new 128MB SmartMedia card if mine melts? ;)

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
Hey Snakeoil, isn't that where someone on here ,in a thread about finding weird stuff in their stang, found a pack of the goooooddd smoking stuff one time? :: Maybe the next owner of dan's stang will "luck out" when he forgets it and sell the stang...lol :eek: Now we know how this stuff gets up there... ::

·
Registered
10,056 Posts
With a fastback, you usually show it with the rear seat folded down. I stick my camera under there. Also, I'll put anything like T-shirts that I bought there too.

·
Just some guy
67 coupe, 69 Sportsroof, 86 hatchback
20,821 Posts
Just the other day I sprayed down an old carb with two cans of cheapo carb cleaner and set it on the bench. As soon as the cleaner evaporated it started to "sweat" water just like a cold Coke bottle. I kept an eye on it and it kept sweating for almost an hour. The carb wasn't even that cold, but I know the humidity has been VERY high here lately.
Picture this happening to your camera after you remove it from the cooler. I'd rather have my camera a get bit hot than wet, especially internally.
If you're lucky enough enough to live in a more arid part of the country, this probably isn't nearly such a concern.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
I stick it in that tray under the baby stroller and let the wife worry about it for a while.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Not that it's anything but a cardboard box, but if you get the optional locking latch for your glovebox it will slow someone down getting to the camera!! :: It also protects that owners manual and registration and insurance paperwork. If you need one just PM me, I have some extras... ::

·
Registered
655 Posts
If you're using rechargable batteries, you'll want to keep them out of the heat. You shorten their life, if exposed to warm temps. This also applies to laptops. Don't ask how I know. ::

·
Premium Member
7,773 Posts
I'm with the fold-down seat idea. That's what I do. Hard for someone to know what would be in there and whether it would be worth the risk to go in and check (assuming they know how the whole fold-down thing works on the old cars - I have a lot of people ask me if it has a back seat when it's folded down). I also have never had a problem leaving my camera and cell phone in the glove box... I suppose it would be easy enough to steal something from there - but you're also talking to the guy that left his keys in the ignition for an entire day at a show a few years ago too... not on purpose though...

-bob

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
>>If you're anything like me, you've taken all the pics you're going to by the end of the first hour<<

Not me, I usually keep it with me all day, cos there's always going to be another Kodak moment later on that must be captured:
http://a2.cpimg.com/image/1C/21/13373212-bfd0-00540080-.jpg :eek:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts