Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight I tried my lights to see how bright they were. In the past few weeks when I turned them on when I hit the dimmer switch the passenger side would go out.
Things that I had changed are the switch, the dimmer switch, and put a new light on the passenger side and it did the same thing.
*****Side note I had the steering wheel off the car to do work on the dash bezel.
Well today I got the new wheel on and horn hooked up and working and like magic the lights work right. :cool:

·
Registered
532 Posts
Interested in any responses, because I have also noted that some lights don't properly work if the steering wheel is not mounted, or the gauge module is not in place.
I have worried that it might be a loose wire that only barely comes into contact when the wheel or module is in place. Worries that the problem will re-surface once I start driving a bit.

·
Registered
35,869 Posts
Somewhere you have a poor connection in the wiring to the passenger side. Either the plug, itself, or the wiring back to where it is spliced in with the driver's side. The headlight feeds are common to both sides until you reach the point in the harness right before the driver's side goes through the hole in the apron.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts