Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My builder spec faucet was still working after 15 years when I replaced it with a Moen single handle faucet about 5 years ago. Nothing but trouble with persistent drips. I've put at least three new cartridges in it and it's leaking like a sieve again, so I'm shopping for a different brand. I think "Moen" is Norwegian for "persistent drip".

The wife and I like the high arc jobs with the pull down nozzle. Anyone know what brand is reliable? I paid good money for the Moen and if I can't get better life out of a faucet, I'll pay Glacier Bay type money instead.

Any advice appreciated.

John

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
The wife and I like the high arc jobs with the pull down nozzle.
We've installed Delta faucets with pull down nozzles in our last 2 houses. Zero problems.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
About 3/4 of the way done with our kitchen remodel project. We went with this Delta faucet. Expensive yes but after two months of use the wife and I are really liking it and glad we spent the extra $$ for quality. Time will tell.

Delta - 9178-DST

Delta 9178-DST Kitchen Faucet - Build.com

Attachments

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
I've had good luck with Delta as well

·
Registered
8,999 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm a plumber. You want Delta. Delta is the best in my opinion. I swear by delta. Not just the build quality but parts are usually available.. I HATE MOEN SOOOOOOO MUCH.

·
Premium Member
6,185 Posts
We have a Delta 9113-DST, new 3 years ago. It worked great at first, but a few months back the button that switches from spray to stream became more of a suggestion than an actual option. Either something is gumming up the works or something has worn prematurely. :shrug:

·
Premium Member
6,902 Posts
We went with something like this:

Swivel Spout Kitchen Chrome Finish Sink Mixer Faucet with LED Pull Down Spray | eBay

It is TALL, has the pull out, and the fixed nozzle. I thought the color LED would be a little much, but it changes with temperature, so it "warns" as the water is hot.

We have a double sink, very deep, with one side very large, and the other side is tiny. With the tall stand faucet, we can clean almost anything in the sink.

Yes, it is China, and will probably die in a few years. It took me less than 20 minutes to pull the old one, and install this one.

I put something like this in the MB shower:

Tempered Glass Shower Tower Head Spout Functional Jets Panel Tub | eBay

Rainfall main, pull out shower, upper sets jets, lower set of jets, and a "tub" faucet.

The temperature registers in F or C, and the indicator is blue when cold, then green, then red. My wife can set it to the exact degree reading she wants (107 F).

It replaced the standard 2 handle controls and fixed top shower head. The panel covered up all the old "holes" where the handles, valve body, and shower head came out.

It took about 2 hours to install, no soldering, and cost about $15 for the extra parts and sealant.

Wife LIKES both of them.

·
Registered
35,324 Posts
FYI, the Moen's are lifetime guaranteed. The bad news is that the replacements all seem to be "water saver" type and my analogy would be a faucet with an enlarged prostrate.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts