Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1966 'A' code GT fastback. Ivy Green Metallic. 327ci. Not terribly stock anymore.
11,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got to visit my car over the weekend and took some pictures. They are on the second block sanding and should start painting next week.

I found a few spots where they needed to sharpen the body lines on both sides of the back. Other than that it looked really good.

I also found out my engine guy is moving shop in the next month or so. It turns out he is moving less than a block away from the paint shop, which is only a block and a half away from Mustang Fever, which is where I get the car worked on. How convenient. :)

·
Premium Member
1966 'A' code GT fastback. Ivy Green Metallic. 327ci. Not terribly stock anymore.
11,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have at least another month to go. Maybe two, depending on how the move impacts my engine. :(

·
Premium Member
11,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
bet you can't wait to have her back home again!
You are right about that!

·
Administrator
19,578 Posts
It's looking good, Kent! ::

·
Super Moderator
4,148 Posts
One of my favorite smells in the whole world is that of a new paint job. OK so I NOT go around to body shops to smell cars and get high. :p It what the fresh paint smell represents, a new beginning for a Mustang. :: And the joy of putting it back together. :: fd

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
Looks Great Kent your on the home stretch, I think us Nor cal guys should have some sort of event for re-intoduction of KK You know smoke, lasers, topless dancers, umbrella girs, and Michael Buffer doing master of cerimonies.

I can hear him now, " Ladies and Gentlemen in this corner fighting out of the VMF in the green KKPONY" Maybe pay per view special.

Mark

PS I think you should have them do your helmet at same time paint done in Green with the gold leaf as numbers and some sork of KKPony Logo

·
Premium Member
11,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I am sticking with the original Ivy Green Metallic. I like that color :)

I am going to use gold GT stripes though.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.