Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone familiar with a former Ford dealership in Southern California named Klem Ford? If so, do you have any photographs of the dealership or know who might?

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
Sorry, never heard of that one, at least in my area. Any idea as to its exact whereabouts?

·
Registered
Current cars include 1969 Mach 1 and 1970 Cougar XR7 convertible
8,715 Posts
According to Google, Klem Ford was located in Eagle Rock, California, (Near Glendale) Maybe someone from that area has more information.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I might be able to help. I know a couple of old hot Rodders from Eagle Rock, I'll ask them to see what they can find. I will try to get you a picture of the property tomorrow. I work for a public service agency, so I may be busy due to the bad weather we're expecting.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Well just got home, I have not been able to get the photo. and am still not in contact with the "old timers". IM me here at this site to exchange emails if you prefer..

·
Registered
540 Posts
Spoke to a member of the Trompers of Eagle Rock Car Club, he told me the dealership closed in the 70's. here's a couple of pics.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank for the help. Still seeking some actual photos from when it was a Ford dealer. Looks like the buildings are still there!

·
Registered
Current cars include 1969 Mach 1 and 1970 Cougar XR7 convertible
8,715 Posts
Have you tried the local Chamber of Commerce, the local library, neighborhood association, business district association or historic preservation folks in that area? Maybe someone knows of a photo that meets your needs. As a last ditch effort, try a classified ad in the local paper asking for the photo. Good luck.

·
Registered
540 Posts
There are a few resources available to you, Somebody over at the "Boulevard Sentinel" might have photos in an archive. The Eagle Rock Valley Historical Society has an archive which might be of value. I will keep an eye out for pictures in the local businesses, some have collections of historical photos on their walls.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the ideas fellows. I wrote the Chamber of Commerce, Eagle Valley Historical Society, the Eagle Rock Branch of the LA Library, and to Ford Benson Research Center so far. I'll keep at it and appreciate your help.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There is some Ford dealership in the microfiche archives at the main branch of the LA Public Library. If there is anyone in the LA area that is close to that branch that would be willing to do some reasearch on early Mustang sales through Kelm Ford please send me a PM. Perhaps someone who is retired or has a family member that's a student who would be willing to take on the task. I'm looking for Klem Ford ads in the late'64 and early '65 Eagle Rock or Boulevard Sentinel archives, and the reserach department there does no take on microfiche archive requests, but they will point you to professional research people who all seem to be script writers or movie researchers. (It's LA). Thanks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts