Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
1,297 Posts
I read somewhere that General Motors was "dissapointed" that they went with ford and not them....... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH Stupid chevy's

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Ew. It looks way overdone. Gawdy. The tuner crowd should like it.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
1970 mustang said:
I read somewhere that General Motors was "dissapointed" that they went with ford and not them....... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH Stupid chevy's
What exactly would pontiac use? A G6? A grand prix? Maybe GM would use the new camaro thats isn't even out yet.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Maybe GM would use the new camaro thats isn't even out yet.[/quote]

They did in the Transformers movie.

Joe

·
Banned
1,297 Posts
That is True... But i have my doubts about the new camaro... I have heard that it will be VERY expencive...... Mustangs are still sooooo much better.... ;)

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm not worried about the gawdiness.Anything That keeps the kids interested in Mustangs I'm for.It's a TV show of course there going to go over the top. The object is to catch the eye of young viewers,not men in their 30's,40's, and 50's

·
Registered
759 Posts
The images posted are of the car in "attack mode"...

The standard look will be a black GT500KR with satin black stripes and chrome wheels. When it goes into attack mode the spoilers pop out, wheels change color, and other CGI effects, just like the original Knight Industries Two Thousand (this one is the Knight Industries Three Thousand for those keeping score at home).

So, most of the time on screen it will look like a normal Mustang (if you call a GT500KR normal!)

·
Registered
71 Mach1, Mcode, AOD, 4 wheel discs, Ram air, Cragars in Vermilion Fire paint.
967 Posts
It is no more over the top now than when I was watching it all those years ago...

It's just that we've all grown up and looking at it with synicism rather than imagination and wonder...

If I had the "moola", I'd buy a GT500 before the pilot episode in case prices go through the roof...

(And going by the greed of Shelby inc lately, they just might) cheers to all...

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
I'm only 31, guys! LOL. I still don't dig the giant wings and the "bars" across the lights.

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
I don't want to see Mustang associated with a remake of gay series with mullets and combovers. Just bring on hasseldorf along to be a laughing stock proper.

Edith: oh no, they are actually presenting hasselnut.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts