Vintage Mustang Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
I have Zwilling J.A. Henckels Twin signature series and like them a lot.
If you want to go down the knife rabbit hole check out
http://www.chefknivestogoforums.com
A friend of mine is on this forum and has a small business making custom knife handles.

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
i got a victorinox chefs knife last christmas, considering the giver it must not have been expensive. Excellent out of package sharpness but i haven't been able to get it as sharp again and i know how to run a whetstone. Still pretty good sharpness but thin and light blade. I gouged it on a bone :(
a good all around knife brand is ontario knife co.(made is usa) good steel to last a lifetntime.
Everyone should have at least one old hickory. https://www.amazon.com/ontario-knife-hickory-butcher-kitchen/dp/b01emo1lzw/ref=asc_df_b01emo1lzw/?tag=hyprod-20&linkcode=df0&hvadid=242070509182&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=2142362819349506717&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9026878&hvtargid=pla-404760845423&psc=1
i got a wustoff sharpener with two crossed ceramic sticks after i use i run it through a few times and those victorinox will still shave you

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Just over $300 for three knives, a pair of scissors and a Chinese-made ice cream scoop.

·
Registered
427 Posts

·
Hi, how ya doin?
1,811 Posts
I've had my henckles probably 20 years. Just hit em with the hone every couple uses and take care of em. They've been great.
My wife has had Henckles for about 20-25 years & has a diamond hone knife sharpener to make sure they stay sharp. She loves them & will not buy any other brand.

·
Registered
8,384 Posts
We use nothing but Cutco here. Probably a good $3K worth.
Steak knives, kitchen knives, serving stuff, BBQ tools, scissors, etc.
Like others have said, we've found used Cutco items at antique stores
and flea markets for dirt cheap. Some we've kept and we've eBayed
some. (Hard to resist a $2 purchase and a $30 sale..... I'll do that all
day & all night)

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
21 - 29 of 29 Posts