Vintage Mustang Forums banner

61 - 80 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Just joining the Mustang forums and heard about both the Ponies at the Pike and the Fab Ford Show... sold out.. what if only a spectator? Any tips advice?
Wanting to get around some cars and get a better feel for what I'm up against while deciding to what to do with this new project of mine. :)

Coming from San Diego area....

thanks
duane
I'm coming up from the San Diego area as well. I'll be there with my emberglo '66. If you want to know what you are getting into, stop by and say hi. I did all my restoration work myself.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Need some club help. There is a group of Stangers from StangFix.com and VMF driving down from NorCal for the Knotts show. One of the cars needs a throwout bearing replaced SOON, any on here have a lift or a garage they can use, that is near Buena Park? They are in route now... email [email protected]

·
Registered
8,544 Posts
I'm 40 miles in the wrong direction over by San Bernardino and DON'T have a lift. Hopefully someone is closer.....

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
I'm stoked to see your car! I loved following your build.
Thanks man, I really appreciate it. Like I said still a few thing sI want to address but all in all it drives how I want it to. So that's what matters I guess.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
WOW!! What a show! Packed house lots of cars. I could have done with out the wind but otherwise GREAT DAY! Pictures to come...

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #67

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
saw those this morning, very cool! where are the pictures of your tranny repair? I also wish I would have taken pictures of the car that severely overheated on its way in. wow it was bad!
Yeah, I felt bad for the guy. But he seemed to take it in stride.

It was a fun day, and really nice to meet a few of you in person. Im mostly just proud I didn't get sunburned :grin2:

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #70

·
Registered
668 Posts
that really was a great show! Tons of classic Mustangs which obviously hits the sweet spot for most of us.

Kutz--I saw your car but could never catch you near it.

happystang--I think I saw yours as well!

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
that really was a great show! Tons of classic Mustangs which obviously hits the sweet spot for most of us.

Kutz--I saw your car but could never catch you near it.

happystang--I think I saw yours as well!

I spent most of the day walking around looking at cars!! With short breaks by the car. So much to see!!

·
Registered
532 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
I found it as well...that's one unique ride!
It is. One of our local HotRod shops did the build. It is going to be a fast pony in the 1/4 when he gets it to hookup.

·
Registered
6,418 Posts
Man what an awesome show! I didn't get to see all of the cars but it was still awesome. Got to meet a couple VMFers though I think we need to start doing little placards on the dash or something to alert each other - just too many Mustangs and too hard to remember who all has what!

Didn't see the car that overheated - what happened with that??

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
Didn't see the car that overheated - what happened with that??
About the time you got your donut we walked past a mustang that completely boiled over. Steam and coolant everywhere. Would have been a great picture. He had a nice setup, not sure why it overheated maybe the elec fans did not come on?

·
Registered
8,544 Posts
Nice!
Eh...... you missed the trucks over in the corner going into the park.

61 - 80 of 85 Posts