Vintage Mustang Forums banner

Knotts Berry Farm, Fab Ford show 2016

9K views 84 replies 23 participants last post by  dkutz 
#1 ·
#7 ·
Where you at? I will come help!

#6 ·
Bought my ticket yesterday. We've been going for many years now. Would love to take the 66 but a 7 hr drive is pushing it for the wife and her tolerance of "no a/c, shoulder belts, airbags etc.." It'll be the mach as always...lol

#13 ·
I'll be there. Not sure if it'll be in a Mustang. I'll have the '48 F-1 in driving-shape, might
be that one.....

Attachments

#14 ·
I have never parked in a "show" and not a show car by any means, but would like to drive in, park, hang out and checkout other cars. I am thinking that's what it's all about...........

#17 ·
Mine is far from being a show car - mediocre paint job, small crack in windshield, stone/gravel damage behind rear wheels from driving up and down a dirt road to my house, etc. When I do go to a show, I put a sign in the window that indicates it is a "Daily Driver" :)

#15 ·
I'll be there! But unfortunately, Jane will not. It appears that no matter how I cut it, it is physically impossible to drive from Austin to SoCal, enjoy a day or two of hot rodding and car shows, and then drive back... within 4 days flat.

I expect I'll be bumming rides off of some of you guys...

#16 ·
I just got an application in the mail for UBER. So I may charge you!

#21 ·
registered today. Who else is going! this is an AWESOME show!!

#22 ·
I finally decided to go. So I will be there as well. Looking forward to meeting some of you folks!

#26 ·
Cost of hosting this show. It's the only one I will pay that much for. Most are $25 maybe $30. Depends.
That's why I Do mostly "cruises" they are free, and you can come and go.

BUT FFF is totally worth it, the show is huge, and having a car gives to a place to stop and rest from time to time. Mp,U.S. They have a pretty nice gift every year. Last year was a clock, the year before was a small tool kit.

Come and have fun!

#28 ·
I am in again this year. Its fun walking around and checking everything out plus they have the best chicken around!

Reactions: Greg'66 5.0
#29 ·
Just got my flights and hotel booked last night! :pirate: for better or for worse... I will be there!

Super bummed that I won't be able to bring Jane though as it seems like we are going to have a great VMF turnout! :(

#31 ·
There are a handful of folks from NorCal that are caravanning down Friday morning and spending the weekend. Generally the SF Bay area folks stage in Gilroy no later than 7:00 a.m. and then head over Pacheco Pass to I-5. We hook up with the Central Valley folks at the Mercy Springs Road Rest Stop and then head south around 8:00 a.m.. Two scheduled gas stops along the way with lunch at the base of the Grapevine. Most stay at the Courtyard Marriott on Beach Blvd with dinner and drinks Friday night at the Outback where we hook up with the SoCal locals and the out of town folks who fly in for the weekend. Donut Derelicts in Huntington Beach at zero dark thirty Saturday morning, free time with a cruise and dinner Saturday night in the area. Sunday is the show and for those staying over Sunday night, another group dinner is typical.

If anyone wants to join in for any or all of the foregoing, the planning effort is based over on StangFix. Here's the link to the thread: http://www.stangfix.com/threads/knotts-2016-registration-now-open.23164/

Look forward to seeing everyone again this year. The more the merrier.

#32 · (Edited)
There are a handful of folks from NorCal that are caravanning down Friday morning and spending the weekend. Generally the SF Bay area folks stage in Gilroy no later than 7:00 a.m. and then head over Pacheco Pass to I-5. We hook up with the Central Valley folks at the Mercy Springs Road Rest Stop and then head south around 8:00 a.m.. Two scheduled gas stops along the way with lunch at the base of the Grapevine. Most stay at the Courtyard Marriott on Beach Blvd with dinner and drinks Friday night at the Outback where we hook up with the SoCal locals and the out of town folks who fly in for the weekend. Donut Derelicts in Huntington Beach at zero dark thirty Saturday morning, free time with a cruise and dinner Saturday night in the area. Sunday is the show and for those staying over Sunday night, another group dinner is typical.

If anyone wants to join in for any or all of the foregoing, the planning effort is based over on StangFix. Here's the link to the thread: Knotts 2016...registration now open | StangFix.com

Look forward to seeing everyone again this year. The more the merrier.
I will try to take part in more of this stuff this year...

wonder if you could do donuts AND cars and Coffee Aliso Viejo in the same morning....

#34 ·
7-9... Leave early from one arrive late to the other...

#36 ·
That's cheap for the Marriott! Cheapest I saw it at was $146/night last week, so I booked the Knotts Hotel instead. There's a discount rate for the Knotts Hotel but I don't believe I've ever seen one for the Marriott.

#38 ·
I got it through Expedia at $112/night and that's without the FFF discount applied. I need to call the hotel and ask if they will apply the FFF discount to an expedia booking.

It looks like the FFF discount is around $17/night - just went to the site and applying the discount reduced the rate from $129/night to $112/night.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.