Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im going to be having my heads resurfaced and also have a valve job done. Am looking for a quality place that can work on aftermarket heads. Not going to have any porting done, just want a quality job done for a performance build.

Also, any idea what head milling and valve jobs cost these days? I would probably have them install my springs for me.

Thanks for any info!

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
I just saw my receipt from when I got my cleveland heads done 3 years ago. price was $662 or something. No special work like porting, no repairs. Just clean mill replace all components.
I will try to get the name of the place later, the stuff is in the bedroom and I don't want to wake my wife up. I don't know if they are still in business, but they do/did good work. In Phoenix. Near 19th Ave on Hatcher. Something like Ken's or Keith's Machine.
Russ

·
Administrator
19,460 Posts
I don't know of a shop anymore, but check with Rick Wood at Wood-Oberholtzer High Performance Shop in Tucson. He would be able to give you some leads.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Kelly's Auto and Machine
1706 W. Hatcher RD
Phoenix AZ 85021
602 (?) 997 5889

They did Vavle seats(hardened)
valve guides
springs(upgrade from stock)
Intake valves all 8
Exhaust valves all 8
Valve job guides and mill
radius cut heads.
they also magnafluxed the heads, I have the cleveland 4V closed chamber heads and they are prone to cracking.
total was $659.88
Dated Apr 26, 2004

HTH,
Russ

1 - 4 of 4 Posts