Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any recommendations on a good place to have my exhaust done? And, how much did it run you to have dual exhaust with X or H pipe installed? I'm getting tired of the comment, "Great looking car.. but it sounds like your muffler is falling off." Heard it 4 times this past weekend... and it's just now starting to sink in that maybe I should get it worked on. Thanks in advance!

·
Administrator
13,017 Posts
The best place I have heard of is Emmanuel's in Alameda! He is extremely knowledgeable as well as supporting BAMA and other Mustang clubs in the area.
Stan

K

·
0 Posts
I had my Flowmasters done by "Meineke" 3041 Middelfield Road, Redwood City 650-365-0261. They were recommended by Custom Alignment in Mountain View (where I had my suspension done). Ask for Lupe Garcia the owner and a vintage Mustang owner and racer. They do custom bending and take great care to make sure everything is straight and level.
I'm taking my Tahoe there on Friday for Flowmasters.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
As Shaun said below, I had mine done at Meineke in Concord. (he even got the number for you - 925 827 3999). The manager has a 70 Sportroof and did a great job on mine. I have long tube headers, and a subframe setup that would make most muffler shops run for the hills! He did a great job, even putting in flanges at the backs of the mufflers so that I could drop the exhaust out without too much hassle!

Also, I brought my own X-pip, mufflers and tips. I think it was $330, which isn't bad when you look at what a pain in the rear it was!

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
County Auto Muffler in Belmont does good work, reasonable prices, nice guy.
650-593-1079

50/50 Muffler 650-595-5050 down the street in San Carlos does good work also. Right next door to my body/frame guy Mark's Auto Body.

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
pretty amazing place to get your work done eh???

I had mine done at Exhaust works in Watsonville....
Steve Yarrow is awesome when i comes to doing hot rods....

I took him my X pipe and stainless tips......he threw in the mufflers and piping with labor....

He did a beautiful job inspite of having those total control subframe connectors....

THe x-pipe was flanged to make the servicing on the tranny more doable.....

price was $275 out the door....And it sounds absolutely awesome!!!!!! the loping and overlap of the cam is a deep
rumble and when i mesh the pedal it sounds great!!!!

slight interior resonance.....but manageable...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts