Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to commend cj pony parts on how they handled a problem i had with a recent purchase. i purchased a 15x8 magnum wheel kit. i got the wheels and took them to a tire dealer to have them mounted and balanced. when i went to pick up the car, the mechanic who mounted the tires said two of the wheels were out of round. being friday afternoon, i had to take the car home anyway. i washed the car when i got it home, and while i was rinsing soap off of the wheels, the black paint on the wheels began to flake off in a few places on each wheel. having just invested over $1200 in wheels and tires, i was so disappointed.

i called cj pony parts to discuss this with one of their customer service reps. i felt like they should replace all four wheels, and reimburse me for return shipping, but the best i could get him to agree to was to replace only the two out of round wheels (he said the paint was not guaranteed) and pay for half of the return shipping. i hung up the phone, even more disappointed, vowing to never buy anything else from cj pony parts. not a minute later, my phone rang and it was creed, the owner of cj pony parts. he explained to me that he had listened to his end of the conversation and was not satisfied with the outcome. he offered to replace all four wheels, pay the shipping, pay for the tires to be remounted and balanced, and he shipped the new wheels even before i returned the old wheels.

obviously, the ideal situation would be to get four good wheels on the first go around. however, getting a defective product is occassionally going to happen, and cj pony parts has nothing to do with the wheel manufacturer's quality control. the sign of a good business, though, is how they handle these circumstances when they do occur. i want to thank cj pony parts for making the best of the situation, and i think their prospective customers should know they are a upstanding business.

·
Registered
771 Posts
sounds like a wonderful place to deal with, the owner sure knows how to take care of his customers, really nice to hear when a big buisness like that takes care of a customer

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Absolutely, that's the way to do business! It is the goal of most owners of businesses to treat the customer with the highest respect and consideration. Sadly when a business grows, the owner has to delegate responsibility to his employees which may or may not have the same regard for his customers. I've found many times when you can not get satisfaction from a sales person that the best way to handle it is to go to the top of the food chain. The owner and/or manager has a vested interest in whether you continue as a customer, a salesperson most likely does not.

Of course there are customers that just can not be satisfied under any circumstances, but that is the exception and not the rule. Usually it is just somebody that doesn't think they are being treated fairly, and the cure is to be fair and communicate.

Yes, the retailer has little control over the quality of the product manufacture's quality control process. However it is the retailer that is responsible to the customer. If there is a real problem with the product then the retailer should take the product back and make the customer whole. Almost always the manufacture will take back a defective product from a retailer because they also want to keep their customers happy. They would not stay in business if it was not for the retailers.

CJ PP did the right thing and with an attitude like that I'm confident he straightened out his sales person, one way or the other........

·
Registered
182 Posts
I live in cj pony parts home state(pennsylvania)I`ll call and place an order then pick it up at whatever swap meet we both attend (carlisle,ect)I`ve done twice to save on the shipping costs and they always are nice people plus they never screwed my order up.The reason I dealt with them is when I was inquiring who is good to do business with-- people talked them up.they said they are good to deal with and so far I find that to be true

·
Registered
120 Posts
They always treat me right too! Its hard to find a parts place to use US Mail to Alaska, but they have no problem with it.

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
Creeds a good guy, hes the man to talk to about a problem... I've never had a problem with CJ's regarding parts. I don't think I would ever get body work done through them again though

·
Registered
21,263 Posts
They should stop selling the they sell. I've had enough problems with them and getting the right parts and quality parts! I've sworn them off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts