Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have watched gas go from a $1.63 on Tuesday to $1.89 today, stations blame it on the "blackout" demand, seems like old fashion rip off to me- holiday with everyone already having plans... I was at pump this morning-paid $1.75 a gallon, right after I was done, price went to $1.83, and continued up as day went on...so wheres the ****ing gov't A**holes when this went down?-on vacation no doubt..

G

·
0 Posts
Prices seem to have shot up here in Michigan as well. They have edged back today a little bit. While the near term demand has shot up, I see no reason why the supply would have changed drastically. Most of our gas is not produced in the black out area, as far as I know.

·
Registered
437 Posts
A $1.89 is the normal out here in Phoenix! Due to our recent gar shortage, some places have been charging up to $4.00 a gallon, most are somewhere in the mid to upper $2.00 range. Unfortuneatly, there is no law here against price gouging like in some states.

·
Registered
6,070 Posts
Same here in Connecticut..filled my car yesterday..took my wifes car this morning to fill it up and gas was 18 cent a gallon higher..*grrrr*

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
I just paid $2.31 for 89 octane in my area. :/

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
at the pumps today at the CHEAPIE place, it was 2.25 a gallon. what the hell happened .... i hate gas prices

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
In Iowa gas went from $1.49 last weekend to $1.81 today. What makes me mad is all 4 of my vehicles need to be filled up right now.

G

·
0 Posts
I had no idea gas prices were so much more on the west coast. Any idea why? Is it taxes? In some states they are required by law to add an additive and then raise the price in the summer. But over $2.00 seems high.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Hey,

At least you guys didn't run out of gas!
We went from $1.45+/- a gallon to completely running out for 4 days (and I mean totally running out)!

Now that we can ship gas in from CA and NV our prices have risen to $2.25 a gallon, but at least we can actually buy gas without waiting hours. They say our demand is largely why CA is seeing even higher prices.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Kevin over night on Thurs. to Friday was 1.67 to 1.83 in less than 10 hrs.
My observation over the last couple yrs here in MN is when Speedway/Super America (Owned by Speedway) goes up first the rest will follow. Has anyone else noticed this in their areas? This is typical here every week they shoot it up and gradually go down till the next week. Then on holiday weekends they GOUGE a little early then will go down shortly there after. When they announce an investigation into the price hikes they suddenly drop down in prices....hmmmmm Imagine how that works..... :eek:

·
Registered
345 Posts
You guys quit complaining already ;) I wish I could buy gas for those prices! I live in the Netherlands, and they charge us 1.20 euro's for a liter of regular. That about $5,00 a gallon!!!
Explains why almost everybody is driving around with 1.2-2.0 Liter engines in their cars everhere, doesn't it?

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
the laws governing price gouging are FEDERAL not state so the price jumps are illegal no matter what state you live in.

·
Registered
912 Posts
It did it here in Minnesota too. One day the gas price is 1.63 and the next as I'm filling up its 1.98. But they always do that on a Friday.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts