Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good weekend for shows. Saturday was Bill Stasck Chevy sponsored show in Wheeling. 90% GM (go figure), class trophys to 100% GM.
Parked next to 73 droptop and 71 Cyclone Spoiler and made friends with the respective owners. I did get best 70's Mustang, out of maybe 6 cars.

Landmark Ford show was good, alot of heat generated by all the asphalt.
I apologize for not being by my car if anybody stopped by, but I did get to meet Troy (66gtk).
I was walking around alot and trying to stay in the shade.

The guys I met at the Wheeling show were also there, so we gave each other cheers and support when they got their class awards.
I'm happy to say I got Best of Show, which was a big suprise. If you were there and saw the pair of 68 CJ's and the 67 Shelby with tri-power, I thought those were excellent, along with a couple of 65-66 cars. I really think it helped to have a scrapbook to show the progress and the work I did.
It feels great to be judged among those fine examples.

Hopefully I can meet up with the rest of you at future events.

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
Wow! That is awesome that you won. Way to go. There was some serious competition for you there. Must have worked out for you to have your car displayed where it was :)

It was a nice show. Didn't see anybody there besides Gene and Paul from the visitor list. Of course a few of the VMFers had there cars in the show.

Yes, that 67 Shelby was a very nice car. I heard a rumor that that guy has $150K invested in the Shelby. Ouch!!

·
Registered
10,207 Posts
I'm sorry that I haven't seen that Shelby. But for $150,000 I'd have 3 of them (at least)

·
Registered
131 Posts
I heard the same story about the 150K. Obviously, he paid way too much. The more interesting story, however, is that he could afford to overpay by at least 100K!

I really loved Gary Hiland's 68 1/2 Cobrajet. If you're reading Gary, I'll take it off your hands.. I'm also a big fan of Mike Nowak's 65 GT-350. You just don't see guys driving those around anymore.

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
Congrats Jim. I looked thru your photos and you did one hell of a job on the restoration. Great looking car!

I saw some where around 75 to 80 trophies that were waiting to get handed out. Did any other VMFers place?

Met a nice gentlemen by the name of Mel when I first got there. He has three Mustangs and he was hoping to run into Jason at the show. I gave him one of Jason's cards.

·
Premium Member
1964 1/2 Convertible - 260 V8 C4 Automatic, Power Top, Console, 4 Wheel Drums
2,697 Posts
Yeah - I really did intend to go - but I overslepped, and then had a few
chores to do before I could go anywhere - then it would have taken me an hour
to get there - which would have been 2:30... and the show was supposed to be
over at 3.

Argh.

As for Mel - he is on the mailing list. One of these days I'm sure I will
run into him somewhere...

-Zim

·
Registered
10,207 Posts
Speaking of Mike nowak's 65' GT 350. It's rare enough to even see a 65, plus he drives it, plus, if you want to talk about it, he's loaded with info and happy to share it.
Him and I sat out (well stood out) the rain storm sunday at the dragstrip 2 week ends ago.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I was the one bugging both of you with Shelby questions in between the rain drops. I really appreciated your insight and the rare opportunity to talk with somone who's owned his Shelby (your 67) for 33 years, and someone who drives and is so happy talk about his 65 Shelby.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts