Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone here had the Lane model of the #29 Mark Donohue GT350 R Model? If so, I was wondering if they could do me a huge favor and take a couple of close-up pictures of the car with a digital camera (sides, top, front back, maybe) and e-mail them to me, I am interested in what decals were used on the car and where they were placed. I have tried to purchase one of these models, but I have not seen this particular model on E_B_A_Y and most places that have had the model for sale are out now. Thanks, Jeff

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Sorry that I can't help with your request, but your post jogged my memory regarding Mark Donohue. Back in the mid-sixties, as an owner of a new 65 Fastback GT, I joined the Mustang Club of Maryland which held regular meetings, numerous events centered around Mustangs, and published a newsletter. This was in Baltimore and as I remember, Mark Donohue drove a GT-350 in SCCA competition, which I believe was sponsored by a local car dealership (Archway Ford??). Mark attended one of the meetings as a guest. After almost 40 years, my recollections of those times have dimmed somewhat. I'm sorry for letting them get away from me.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, good memory! In fact, I think Archway Ford sponsored two of his cars, a blue GT350 (#11?) and the white GT350R (#29). Anyway, thanks for the story!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts